• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot to Nurse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah we got what war paint was the first time you typed it.....

The point is all jobs that make decent money is tough work....

Yeah we got what war paint was the first time you typed it.....

The point is all jobs that make decent money is tough work....
Decent money?
Coming from you, I'm not sure how to take that, since you think ALPA makes sure pilots are compensated properly.
Starting pay of a nurse ranges from $40-$60k depending on what field and region. When they leave one hospital for another, they don't start back at first year pay.

including watching kids paint their bodies in what we called "War Paint" then when they were done, they would eat the remains of their "war paint".....oh yeah, war paint is thier own feces.

There are a few people on this board that probably indulge in this action as well!!!:D :puke:

Not entirely true. At one time most RN programs were ASN, and could be done in 2 years. The BSN was just for those that wanted to move up into adminstration or nursing education programs.

Its gradually moved more towards BSN programs and there are a lot less ASN than there used to be, but there are still some out there, and one can still take RN boards with an ASN.

For someone who just wants to be an RN and doesnt care about being head nurse, stuff like that, ASN is perfectly fine. My mom is an ICU/CCU nurse, and just made 100,000 this year.

Less programs, but bigger class sizes, well over 200 folks at some schools.
Get the ASN at community college first, then do an online bridge.
Best return on investment these days.
I'm not an RN, (PT for the last 15 years) but I have researched my options.

Check into state programs as well. My sister is a head nurse in L&D at a hospital in MI. She was saying that due to shortages many states are offering specialized loan packages that function as a contract-spend a designated number of years in the state that financed you and you will not need to pay the tuition. I'll ask her for some specifics when I see her.

And at least no nurses go volunteer to work half price, or for free, or pay to be a nurse.

Latest resources

Back