• Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I admire your will, the simple fact is just like MESA there will be enough back stabbing self centered a holes that will vote for it, and that it will turn out to be a close vote.

My guess is once again the pilot will be his own worse enemy and vote this thing in. While I really hope this is not the case, the history of this profession in the last 30 years leads me to believe this to be true.

210FR8DOG said:
Yes it does create one list but with a catch or two. *************************s only has firm orders for 5 planes right now, they have already hired about 50 or so pilots over there so they are fully staffed already. Even if they get another 5 thats only another 50 or so pilots. They are letting the guys that resigned from TSA and go to Blowjets right back onto the list where they were. Thats BS. Also, the first class at BJs supposedly all got type rated. So even though they are all junior to me(expcept original TSA captains) they will still be flying as CRJ700 cpts. on reserve until my upgrade comes. Maybe another year or two..

10 aircraft on firm order, and at these pay rates im sure there will be plenty more.

210FR8DOG said:
The price they are asking for this is too great. they want a 4 year contract extention, our pay raises go from 2.5% annually to 1.0% annually. They tried to pull a fast one and say 1.5% but that is every 18 months. So effectively a 1% annual raise. 2.5% isn't much to brag about anyway..

actually 1.5% annually, Aug 1st every year.

210FR8DOG said:
Also, the BJ guys basically get furlough protection. They will furlough j41 crews out of seniority before they furlough the precious CRJ pukes. This is so wrong. We just won a grievance on that issue anyways, and yet here they go again..

hopefully our grievance award will prevent this violation of our contract.

210FR8DOG said:
I think the general feeling here at TSA is that we will vote no and take our chances on what happens later. We are sick and tired of fueling the race to the bottom. This is almost identical to the Freedom scandal but we are just slamming our collective feet down on the pavement and screaming out NO!!!

I probably stand the most to lose over here if we vote no since I'm in the top third on the FO list. But I really don't care. Someone at some point has to turn this thing around. We're gonna give it a try. A company that makes over 25 million a year can afford to pay the people that make it for them.

for me it boils down to how bad do we want one list, not sure if all of this is worth it. either way we will have the same contract for atleast 3 more years.

We are pretty fired up about this. I just read my email with the full proposal and am even more angry now. This is going to get real bad real quick.

theo said:
What is ALPA's position on this proposal?

rumor has it that they made an agreement with the company to remain NEUTURAL. so no endorsement or opposition from the MEC.

DWorthless, should not sign the Fing thing. But that would require a testicular implant.

I know it is not the best deal in the world, but you really must know that the 50 seat market is dead. If you are going to get any future opportunities it has to be bigger aircraft. This appears to be the best chance to see that growth which we all know is what you need to advance in this business. I would not be so quick to throw away your best growth opportunity in the coming years. But good luck either way.

taxicabdriver said:
Reebo, just wanted to say nice Avtar. Gonna kick the Niners Arse!!

Thanks man! should be a good year. If Jackson turns out to be a great power running back and the line protects Bulger, then the Rams will be hard to stop. Cant wait for the Monday nite game against Indy. Lots of points!

theo said:
I know it is not the best deal in the world, but you really must know that the 50 seat market is dead. If you are going to get any future opportunities it has to be bigger aircraft. This appears to be the best chance to see that growth which we all know is what you need to advance in this business. I would not be so quick to throw away your best growth opportunity in the coming years. But good luck either way.

I agree! still waiting for the road shows, but ill let you know how I feel after hearing from the union next week.

Latest resources

Back