• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot negativity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sales: hi joe pilot we have trip for you.
pilot: great give be the brief
s: La to honolu 40 pax plus catering
P: uh we only seat 9
s: (silence)
P: hello
S: oh um 3 are kids and one has no legs can you do it now.
P: no
s: hold on
minutes of musak
S:eek:k its fuel right we will get you a tech stop in SFO
p:still can't do it
S:you re not team player
p:im trying i really am
S:well because of you we lost the sale thanks
p:sorry
S:Im calling the chief pilot about this!!
P:eek:k
hang up:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!!! It's so funny because it's true!

This is the best part:

S: oh um 3 are kids and one has no legs can you do it now.
P: no
:rolleyes:

C

1000 hour wonder says...

What is this "negativity" you speak of?

Kidding...

Seriously, I honestly think people complain, in flying or in life in general, because they can't seem to get their minds off how much better they think things could be. At least that's what I'm thinking about when I complain. Life is hard, no matter what, sure as death and taxes.

If you all will think back to your instructing days, and remember all the honest-to-gosh, life-flash-before-your-eyes near death experiences... well, let's just say if in instructing you aren't experiencing pain, you aren't doing it right. How much better is your current job than that?

But the fact of the matter is that in any job, there will be great things and there will be crappy things. I happen to love my instructing job, but it is by no means crap-free, and that includes the equipment, the students, and the management. You have to take the good and the bad. There will be no such thing as a panasea, no matter where you are. I came across a great quote in my planner the other day. It goes:

"Nobody has things just as he would like them. The thing to do is to make a sucess with what material I have. It is a sheer waste of time and soulpower to imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different." --Dr. Frank Crane.

Isn't that great? I don't think that it means that you shouldn't try to achieve and improve your life, but you have to be reasonable about what you imagine you can do. In life, there is so much to be grateful for if we only will take the time to look.

Anyway, that's my piece.

-Goose

nice touch goose

Hey Mav, you got the number to that truck driving school..

Good post Goose

Heck, I own it! But I ain't gonna give the number out to you guys. Y'all complain too much to be truckers. :smash:

Latest resources

Back