• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bryan D

Florida Man Arrested For Raping 16-Year-Old Girl At Airport

POSTED: 6:57 am EDT August 3, 2005
UPDATED: 12:13 pm EDT August 3, 2005

JONESBORO, Ga. -- A commercial pilot, who listed his address in Daytona Beach, has been arrested on charges of raping a 16-year-old girl. Police in Atlanta said Michael Matthews attacked the girl in a stairway at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Matthews flies private jets all around the country. He was on his way to begin a trip when police said he raped the teenage girl.
Wednesday morning, the suspect's grandmother said, if the allegations are true, she'd prefer it if he were dead. "I would rather bury him than to go through this, than to have this happen," Barbara Matthews, the suspect's grandmother, said.
Barbara Matthews spent Wednesday morning learning all she could about her grandson Michael, who sits in a Georgia jail accused of raping a 16-year-old girl.
"It's just beyond me, you know? I don't know what to think. I don't know what to think," Barbara said.
Police say the 39-year old private jet pilot was flying through Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport on the way to pick up a plane in Ohio and the 16-year-old alleged victim had been his seatmate on his flight to Atlanta. When they arrived at Hartsfield, investigators said, he somehow got into a restricted stairwell and forced her to have sex.
Now, as airport managers face tough questions about security issues, police are analyzing Matthews' luggage and his pilot's uniform, which they seized to check for DNA evidence.
"I really don't have any kind of comment on this at this time," said an airport official.
As for Matthews' grandmother, she said she's crushed, that he's never been in any kind of trouble like this. But, if it's true, she said he's on his own.
Even though Matthews has Daytona Beach listed as his place of residence, he lives in Panama City. Currently, he's locked up in an Atlanta jail cell.

http://www.wftv.com/news/4802580/detail.html#

As the father of a 16 y/o girl myself.....

I hope he'll soon be getting all the lovin' he can take from his cell "mates" in prison.

I wonder if she was one of those 16 year old kids whose parents allow them to dress like Brittney Spears so they look 21?

I wonder if she was honest with him about her age when they were presumably chatting on the airplane?

I wonder if, after they snuck off for this tryst, she decided maybe it wasn't such a hot idea after all and then claimed "rape"?

-- Granted, running off with a young, hot thing and having sex in a stairwell is a pretty bad idea. Maybe king of all bad ideas. But you just have to wonder if we're getting all the info...

Bender, Girls do have the upper hand and guys are guilty until proven innocent (and always guilty in the publics eyes) when dealing with a potential rape (think Wild Things). That said, this guy has got to be smarter than this. I shall wait until more detail comes out to hold judgement.

BenderGonzales said:
I wonder if she was one of those 16 year old kids whose parents allow them to dress like Brittney Spears so they look 21?

I wonder if she was honest with him about her age when they were presumably chatting on the airplane?

I wonder if, after they snuck off for this tryst, she decided maybe it wasn't such a hot idea after all and then claimed "rape"?

-- Granted, running off with a young, hot thing and having sex in a stairwell is a pretty bad idea. Maybe king of all bad ideas. But you just have to wonder if we're getting all the info...

Good point. He was probably just thinking with the wrong head. Typical of pilots that wear big watches.

"I would rather bury him than to go through this, than to have this happen,"
I'm sure there is a father somewhere that would like to oblige her. And if the charges are 100% proven, in every respect ... I'd like to help the guy who's obliging her, too. I'll even bring my own shovel. :mad:

That said, however ... something isn't quite adding up on this one. :confused:

Minh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back