Pilot gets busted in Atlanta..ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
P.S. TonyC, please unleash the grammar police on this MissKittyKat. If you don't, I might have to. It's driving me crazy. :)
I generally give a pass to those who don't speak English as their first language. My fingers are crossed that MissKittyKat is thinking in another language and struggling to translate.

:)

TonyC said:
I generally give a pass to those who don't speak English as their first language. My fingers are crossed that MissKittyKat is thinking in another language and struggling to translate.

:)

MissKittyKat uses an awful lot of colloquialisms to NOT be a native English speaker. He/She strikes me as trying to immitate someone for whom English is not the native tongue, but then too often slips with vernacular that gives away the ruse, IMHO. That's been my impression since MissKittyKat Post #1, but I could be full of it.

On the other hand, if my theory is correct, someone's putting a lot of effort into something that doesn't really seem to have that much pay-off.

Wrongfull imprisonment:

D.C. Settles With Wrongly Imprisoned Man

By JACOB ADELMAN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The District of Columbia mistakenly put Joseph Heard behind bars for almost two years, but now it has made him a wealthy man.

U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly approved a settlement Thursday granting Heard $1.1 million - plus legal fees - from the D.C. government.

"It's terrific we've been able to settle this case," said John Moustakas, Heard's attorney.

Heard - who is described as deaf, mute and mentally impaired - was jailed in 1999 on a trespassing charge from a year earlier, even though a D.C. Superior Court judge had previously freed him, declaring him mentally unfit to stand trial.

Prison officials then lost track of his records and he was not released until 670 days later.

"It is pure Kafka to illegally throw a man in jail on charges of nothing and then make it impossible for him to protest the illegality," said Moustakas.

Heard's total settlement could reach $1.55 million once a still-undisclosed sum from the medical care contractor that treated him in jail is included, Moustakas said. The case against the medical contractor, the Center for Correctional Health Policy Studies, alleges that the firm administered psychotropic drugs to Heard without his consent.

MissKittyKat said:
Viper, ah what type ratings do yu have? Ah excuse me, If if, If. been traveling around the world and crossed the international date line like 2 times a week! I see you have 1,400 hours as an aviator, do you work for united, american or delta, are you in your twenties and made a mistake? crj fo? yu sound impressive. Please do me all a favor, dON NOT MENTION MY SCREENAME AND MAKE PROBLEMS, YOU OBVIOUSLY START PROBLEMS. aND THEN YU say yu are michael Jackson, while a good singer he is and good entertainer he is,

Need I say more, or am I going to endure more problems from non- pilots

Did I miss a memo on the change in spelling of the word "you"

Lequip said:
18, 19, Whats the difference? If there is grass on the field... PLAY BALL!

So wrong.

I'm afraid kittykat smells like a poser.

k_EAT=ho_ME appears right on this one.

Lequip said:
18, 19, Whats the difference? If there is grass on the field... PLAY BALL!

Okay, this is pretty crass, but how about some historical perspective on this sentiment:

From the time a woman is seven years old till she dies of old age, she is ready for action, and competent. As competent as the candlestick to receive the candle. But man is only briefly competent:...After fifty his performance is of poor quality; the intervals between are wide, and its satisfactions of no great quality to either party; whereas his great-grandmother is as good as new.
- Letters from the Earth, Mark Twain

I am sure there had to some cameras in that area...that caught at least a glimpse of those two walking together.

Never the less...FO...I heard he worked for a frieght company....

Wanked

Catch up wankel. He's a flight ops guy and there's lots more to the story. Check the frax board.

Latest resources

Back