Pilot gets busted in Atlanta..ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying Illini said:
All of this talk of eyewitness testimony...

In the case of the pilot and the 16 yr old, there are no witnesses. Who should they believe (not who WILL they believe) when there are no witnesses?

His IS innocent until proven guilty in our criminal justice system. The prosecution must prove "beyond any reasonable doubt" that he forcefully had intercourse with the girl. He said-she said is not B.A.R.D. by any stretch of the imagination. Case in point-look to Kobe Bryant. The case never even made it to a jury let alone win a conviction. Even Michael Jackson's accuser and his siblings couldn't convince a jury BARD despite how strange and wierd MJ was along with the fact many jurors said on the record that they thought there was "a good probability" he actually molested the boy but then said it didn't add up to reasonable doubt. I'm sure some of you will argue the celebrity factor but the truth IMHO is that any competent criminal defense attorney could have aquitted Bryant and Jackson. Probably 95% of all you could have done that if you had as much legal experience as you do piloting experience.

I also agree with LUV and English. Lets just let the investigation take its course. IF, and this is a big if, the girl is found to have made these awful allegations, she ought to be criminally prosecuted and serve prison time just like a real rapist would. On top of that she (or her parents) must be held liable in civil court for damages such as lost wages, ruined reputation, defense costs, etc. Sorry if I'm ranting on too much but falsely accusing another person of rape is EVERY BIT AS SERIOUS as the act of rape itself and must be treated as such in a court of law. Period.

Alright Mike, this will be your new sell mate Bruce. (350lb black guy)

Hi Bruce, I'm not gay, so I hope we can get along. (Bruce talking> Well I am. What do you want to be, the husband or the wife in our new relationship. Well I guess I'll be the husband since that's what I'm used to at home. Fair enough Mike, I'll play the part of the wife and you'll be my husband.

Now get over here and suck your wife's D!ck.

This could get real ugly for this guy. For what this girl is putting him through, I hope she is right. That will look real good on the resume as being the stairwell raper.

Funny thing in a case like this is I bet her close friends know the real truth and hopefully it will come out. They could be sitting at home thinking yep, this sounds like something sara would do. She does it all the time in high school.

Does anyone have any statistics on how many men are raped each year. My best guess would be zero, but I'm not sure.

I wonder what those who were wrongly accused and then exonerated after years in prison recieve in settlements?? Just unbelieveable what they must go through in prison. That fellow Doswell that FN printed the article on could have been out years ago but refused to admit/accept responsibility for the rape. I wonder if the parole board members that kept sending him back to prison just say "oh well, eff'd that one. Tough break for the guy!" I'd be looking for the prosecutors job as well as a righteous ass-kicking for the people that were responsible for putting me away if I was ever in that situation. All that said, probably one hell of alot more rapists never accused and loose on the street than are wrongly accused and sit in prison.

Mr. I.

Does anyone know what the truth is about being released after being wronly convicted. I heard that you can't sue the state or the gov for wrongly imprision you, and neither do you get any help trying to put your life back together after x amount of years.

There have been stories in the news here in Florida (of course) about a guy in Daytona who was released recently after DNA evidence proved him not guilty. I think he got $50K and is sueing for more...

Metro752 said:
Well, here in the fine state of Illinois, a woman can claim she was raped well after the alleged rape occured.

As in, go have some "fun," then she gets in a dispute with the guy, and can claim she was raped, even multiple times.

Who would expect anything else from the state that allows the person in my avatar to run a city.

This is B.S. So the girl can ruin his life by merely CLAIMING (not proving, and we all know that if you are accused, whether you did it or not, your life is ruined) that she was raped up to who knows how many years after the fact? "Uh, yeah Bob raped me 17 years ago. I don't have any proof of this, so this will merely be he said she said but at least I will ruin his life by marking him as a rapist to everyone he knows."

Unfortunately, I don't think that this guy could sue the parents and win. The little girl (if she's lying) would never go to prison. She may go to juvy or get community service, but her life isn't shattered like his is. He could sue for defamation but what would it get him? There would no doubt be people out there who would say, "Look at this, that guy who raped this poor girl is now suing her for ruining his life. Nevermind that he wasn't convicted, he probably still did it."

daddysquared said:
Would this situation even have occurred if said individuals considered at least getting to know one another, before engaging in even a make out session?

I agree. And this will apply to most (dare I say) normal relationships where there is a period of getting to know one another. I am no longer in the market but if I was, you can be sure I would do a lot of checking if I was dating someone who had 'youthful appearances language or comportment'.... before 'progressing'.

There is too much at stake these days. And us guys have it all to lose. You have to protect yourself.

Nowadays, I do not even get into situations where I am alone with a young female - or any child - I make arrangements for another adult to be present so there can never be even any suggestion - I want trustworthy witnesses of my propriety at all times.

GravityHater said:
Nowadays, I do not even get into situations where I am alone with a young female - or any child - I make arrangements for another adult to be present so there can never be even any suggestion - I want trustworthy witnesses of my propriety at all times.

It's incredibly sad to me that things have come to this. You're right, of course, this is the ONLY way to clear your name should charges be brought against you, but it is just so sad that this is what we have been reduced to.

GravityHater said:
Yes there are many, many young girls out there only too happy to offer the goods, then stab you in the back. Some of them see you as a prize to collect. (
("sent that loser to prison") Beware, guys - unless you want to become one of their 'victims'.

I wonder if during their flight before the incident, he told her he was a Private Jet Pilot? Seeing as how all Jet Pilots are rich, see might be looking for a payoff.

KigAir said:
I wonder if during their flight before the incident, he told her he was a Private Jet Pilot? Seeing as how all Jet Pilots are rich, see might be looking for a payoff.
He probably didn't have to bring it up seeing as he was in uniform and all.

Latest resources

Back