• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot gets busted in Atlanta..ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oooooops...has anybody seen my DNA? Looks like this lady is a smart shopper, she saves her reciepts! :D

A Milwaukee County Sheriff's deputy assigned to the County Jail's infirmary has been moved into an administrative role while the District Attorney's office awaits DNA testing results that could indicate the deputy sexually assaulted an inmate.

Deputy District Attorney Jon N. Reddin said the decision on whether to charge Deputy Aaron M. Heine with a crime is "entirely dependent" on whether a DNA swab of Heine shows he was the source of some semen a female inmate provided, in a cup, to investigators.

A search warrant affidavit filed Friday says the inmate told a sheriff's detective that at about 9:30 p.m. July 26, Heine approached the woman while she was in an infirmary cell at the jail.

She alleged that he forced her to perform oral sex on him then made her flush the semen down a toilet, but said she managed to retain some in her hand and later put that into a cup. The affidavit says Heine is being investigated for a possible charge of second-degree sexual assault.

His mouth was swabbed for a DNA sample Thursday, the warrant return says.

Reddin said the DNA testing process usually takes about two weeks.

Sheriff's office spokeswoman Kim Brooks said Heine, 24, has been with the agency two years and has worked in the jail the entire time.

She said he is now "doing paperwork without working directly with the inmates" while the investigation is pending.

Three more freed after a prosecutor's office starts reviewing old cases...

As the city's top prosecutor, part of Joyce's pursuit of justice now is to re-investigate more than 1,400 old cases to see if DNA evidence would prove the guilt -- or innocence -- of the person convicted of the crime.

One of those cases could change the debate over the death penalty -- an investigation into whether a man was executed in 1995 for a murder he didn't commit. If so, it would be the first known execution of an innocent person in the United States.

''What she's doing here is appropriate and not common enough,'' said Barry Scheck, best known as part of O.J. Simpson's defense team. ''Prosecutors sometimes believe it's more important to win or to appear as though you don't make mistakes.''

So far, three St. Louis men convicted of rape have been exonerated -- each after serving at least 17 years in prison.

Scheck, co-founder of the Innocence Project, tried for years to persuade Joyce's predecessor as circuit attorney, Dee Joyce Hayes, to reopen old cases. Hayes refused. When Hayes decided not to seek re-election in 2000, Joyce was elected to the post.

Victims can turn suicidal

Her office determined that 1,400 people convicted in St. Louis before 1992 -- when DNA technology became widely available -- for crimes from robbery to rape to murder were still in prison.

Joyce decided their cases deserved a second look, but with caution. Opening old wounds can be hard on the victims and their families.

''I've seen victims become suicidal,'' she said. ''I've seen victims throw up, become extremely emotional at the thought of reopening cases. We have to be mindful of that.''

Joyce brought in law students, working under the supervision of her staff, to examine all 1,400 cases, determining those in which DNA testing could potentially prove guilt or innocence. She estimated it took about 10 hours to look at each case.

The ''DNA Justice Project'' is nearly complete -- fewer than a dozen cases remain to be looked at. So far, DNA evidence has exonerated three men.

In July 2002, Larry Johnson was cleared after serving 18 years for the rape of a Saint Louis University student. The next year, Lonnie Erby was freed after serving 17 years for three assaults on teenage girls.

Earlier this year, Anthony Woods was exonerated for a rape conviction. Now her office is focusing on what would be a monumental mistake -- the execution of an innocent man.

Quintin Moss, a 19-year-old drug dealer, was shot to death in 1980. Larry Griffin was an immediate suspect since word on the street was that it was Moss who weeks earlier had killed Griffin's brother.

Griffin was convicted in 1981 largely on the eyewitness testimony of Robert Fitzgerald, a career criminal from Boston who was in St. Louis under the Federal Witness Protection Program. He was executed in 1995.

Earlier this summer, Joyce was presented with a report on a yearlong study by Michigan law professor Sam Gross that cast doubt on Griffin's guilt. Among its findings:

*A police officer who testified in support of Fitzgerald's account now believes Fitzgerald's story was false. Gross cited other evidence that Fitzgerald, who died last year, had a reputation as an ''unreliable snitch.''

*A second victim of the shooting, Wallace Conners, has come forward. Conners, now 52, was shot in the buttocks, but was never called to testify. He said the government's witness was not even there -- and he was certain the shooter was not Griffin.
''The thing that was even more compelling was the victim's family had deep concerns about whether the right man had been convicted and executed,'' Joyce said.

The investigation, headed by two assistant prosecutors, is expected to take months. AP

Amen Bro!!

GravityHater said:
The term Jail Bait is out there for a good reason - don't unzip til you see two pieces of photo ID with her age embossed on them. Probably better to have your lawyer along to verify the documents as valid.

Yes there are many, many young girls out there only too happy to offer the goods, then stab you in the back. Some of them see you as a prize to collect.
("sent that loser to prison") Beware, guys - unless you want to become one of their 'victims'.

Not saying this is what happened in Fla, but I know the above does happen.

The situation is getting so bad I think we need to consider forming a new nationwide bureaucracy to inspect and certify young girls; similar to the USDA when they stamp the seal of approval on a side of beef.

They would all have to report to their local inspection center within say.....30 days of reaching the age of consent in their particular state. There, they would present their birth certificates along with sworn confirmation of their age and identity by at least one local property owner. Be fingerprinted and DNA'd, inspected for disease and/or undesirable abnormalities, have their teeth checked and, if they passed, stamped with a particularly attractive non-removable tattoo in a highly visible area (they all want tattoos anyway). Ear tags might be a consideration for those allergic to ink.

Once certified, they would be good to go. :)

This is certainly the most humane way to handle the growing problem of runaway hormones and infantile deception. It offers protection to both the horny and the horned. There would be no excuse for abuse if you don't see the government sticker. One might wisely choose to carry a small washcloth to check for phony stamps before proceeding with any young ladies carrying a Barbie Doll or wearing braces.

To show that my heart is in the right place, I hereby volunteer to "man" the first inspection station in my area at no charge to the taxpayers for the first 90 days.

:D

Last edited:
Bryan D said:
The girl told police that Michael Matthews sexually assaulted her about 2 p.m. Tuesday inside a stairwell that leads from the tarmac to Concourse C. The area is unrestricted, police officials said.

"The stairwell is an open access area out on the concourse. It is not a secured stairwell as (has) been reported whereas you have to have a card or a pass to get in. It's an open area," said Major Darryl Tolleson of the Atlanta police.

The girl told police that Matthews struck up a conversation with her when they boarded the plane in an undisclosed Florida city. By the time they landed in Atlanta, the teen said Matthews invited her to join him in the stairwell for the walk up to the concourse.
Here's what I think reading over all of this:

From what I remember of my days in ATL the C ramp was always pretty busy with people coming and going. If in fact she was *forced* into the stairwell, I'm sure it would have been noticed...but here in the article the police officer states that the girl said Matthews invited her into the stairwell...suggesting to me that she went willingly. N0 screaming or being dragged about that. They'd sat beside each other and probably talked the whole way from FL, she looking way older than 16, and he being a typical flirty pilot....they were probably pretty friendly by the time they got to ATL. Lets say they use the stairwell for gate 29, instead of gate 31 like all the other passengers, quiet, secluded, they start to make out...one thing leads to another, heat of the moment and all that, and after they're done, the girl realises that there could be consequences....and decides to cry rape.

*sigh*...okay, I know I shouldn't speculate, and I just did that in the worst way. We really should wait until all the details come out, because it could have gone the other way too...she may have gone willingly at first and then asked him to stop. No matter which way this ends up, they both end up losing.

I do think thought that it's pretty tacky of his grandmother to publically announce that it this is true she wishes he was dead, and that he was on his own. It's one thing for your family to say that to you, when they are furious at you, but it seems unconscionable to me to state that to the media.

I'm with English and LUVChild...we'll just have to wait and see who the victim really is.

All of this talk of eyewitness testimony...

In the case of the pilot and the 16 yr old, there are no witnesses. Who should they believe (not who WILL they believe) when there are no witnesses? Can her injuries be similar to rough intercourse that took place in an uncomfortable stairwell that is condusive to interesting sexual positions?

Well, here in the fine state of Illinois, a woman can claim she was raped well after the alleged rape occured.

As in, go have some "fun," then she gets in a dispute with the guy, and can claim she was raped, even multiple times.

Sorry to veer off-topic again but examining this Kitty Cat's posts remind me of that guy Bruce who went by the screen name "PlaneHPN" or something like that, he had some strange disorder where he chewed up everything he was writing. Remember that guy??? He would always hammer on the same topic over and over, on how some poor cfi from HPN would not take him flying or reply to his emails. So he began a strike at the airport. What a trip.

They both seem to write in the same manner.

Sorry for the O/T. :eek:

Certainly my point of view my be received with some element of unpopularity, but my take on it is this. Would this situation even have occurred if said individuals considered at least getting to know one another, before engaging in even a make out session?

It has been said in jest that perhaps a young lady should be questioned for ID before having intimate relations. Why not have a little self control and simply abstain from such 'activities' until an emotional relationship has developed?

This pilot's character has now been tarnished publicly, perhaps for the rest of his life, whether or not this was consentual. (Perhaps if he had better 'character' he wouldn't be in this mess.) If he had any, or at least excersised any, morals, he wouldn't be in this mess. The same goes for the young lady.

If after the investigation it comes out that she indeed consented, where does that leave both of them? His life is still arguably ruined and she is 'evil'. If it was rape, same question, where does it leave both of them? His life is definitely ruined and she will be left with the emotional scars and memories that could haunt her forever.

There will be no winners here, only losers. This is a tragedy. A tragedy that easily could have been avoided with some element of constraint.

Where'd all the good people go
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows
Where'd all the good people go
We got heaps and heaps of what we sow

- Jack Johnson

daddysquared said:
If after the investigation it comes out that she indeed consented, where does that leave both of them?
Simple...the police charge her criminally and ask that she repay for the investigation costs.

He sues her parents in civil court...so that he may be made "whole" again.

Who are these people!!!! Jeeeze!

Latest resources

Back