• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Caught With Loaded Handgun at Calgary Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But it's cool to have a CREW tag at the range...

Then put a crew tag on your range bag. NEVER put your range 'anything' in your crew bag.

Hey, I'm pro gun. But this is why there's always a political call for more control over guns.
This is not just a bonehead mistake. You brought a loaded gun into a foreign country using Kcm

This is a mistake you can't make
I mean really dumb.
Just as Kcm is getting more widespread

So dumb

You guys just like to whine! Why are you in such a hurry to give up KCM?

This guy may lose KCM and/or his job. Maybe even SkyWest will lose KCM, but the whole industry? That's not going to happen

Being banned from Canada for gun charges kind of puts a limit on your flight scheduling as well as possibly having your air side access denied for carrying a weapon aboard an aircraft for which you did not have authorization to do so.
When Canada finishes with him, the TSA/FBI will have their fun time, then the local airport authorities will get to stand in line for their turn. This situation will be on deck for a long time. And when every government agency with a dog in this fight has chewed to their hearts content, SKYW will have a shot at what's left.
My bet is, he will never hold a security sensitive job again. His pelt will be displayed on many walls.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm pro gun. But this is why there's always a political call for more control over guns.
This is not just a bonehead mistake. You brought a loaded gun into a foreign country using Kcm

This is a mistake you can't make
I mean really dumb.
Just as Kcm is getting more widespread

So dumb

First of all, Wave, when you say you're "pro gun," you really don't mean you're pro gun the way other pilots are pro gun. Right? :)

Also, we don't really know all the facts yet. Something to consider is that the S&W Bodyguard .380 is, without question, a ladies' gun. No self-respecting man over 5' tall and with actual man-sized hands would be caught dead (or in Canada!) in possession of such a weapon. Haven't any of you guys ever seen one of these baby guns? So we may have to consider that an angry wife/girlfriend found out about the other wife/girlfriend, and decided to teach a certain pilot a valuable lesson. Know what I mean?

Bubba

That's actually a good point

And no bubba

If I were pro gun like other pilots I'd have a big ole belly and aggressively tell you how I'd shoot a guy right between the eyes from 50 yards if I came across a mall shooter.
(All without doing any work or preparation for that situation)

I also don't give a damn if I register my guns-
And don't mind background checks-
Call me crazy...

You guys just like to whine! Why are you in such a hurry to give up KCM?

This guy may lose KCM and/or his job. Maybe even SkyWest will lose KCM, but the whole industry? That's not going to happen
Sounds about right. I see them increasing the number of random bag checks for those going through KCM as a measured response. A hastle, but better than throwing the whole thing out. I think local TSAs and airport authorities see the advantage of KCM and don't want to go back a busload of crew members jumping the first class/handicapped line every 30 minutes. Pisses off passengers and requires another TSA agent to cover the magnetic screener.

1800 guns confiscated by TSA last year at checkpoints.

This guy gets charged trying to bring one out of Canada? Sounds like the Mounted POlice who are not mounted need to explain why he made it into Canada with a gun.

Canada hates handguns, even for LE. I saw TSA find a lady's gun at iad, they just took her name and told her to put it back in her car. Every place is different.

What's NOT COOL is a non union pilot putting into jeopardy the KCM program funded in part by ALPA. It is frustrating enough that I have to get in line behind a bunch of FA's who are riding our coat tails.....

get over yourself

Latest resources

Back