• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Caught With Loaded Handgun at Calgary Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's not an FFDO? I was hoping he was and just forgot as maybe he didn't do much international flying.

So a non-FFDO pilot decides to take a loaded gun with him on his trip? WTF? I just lost all sympathy for him as he has put our KCM privileges in jeopardy... In CLT, we already have to declare we packed our own bags and have nothing illegal with us every time we go through the KCM... Due to another bonehead pilot... What a dumb Ass...

The normal procedure for FFDO crew upon entry to Canada is to inform CBSA that he/she is an FFDO and CBSA provide a lock box for the guns while the FFDO is on layover and then it is given back to the FFDO when the crew member is returning to the aircraft.

F him. He trying to take advantage of KCM and he f'ed up and went Canada thinking he would never be caught. Guarantee he knew he had the gun. Cocks like this will ruin good programs for the rest of us.....what an a$$$ hole

Can you back all that up?

I just lost all sympathy for him as he has put our KCM privileges in jeopardy... In CLT, we already have to declare we packed our own bags and have nothing illegal with us every time we go through the KCM.

No way!!! Every time? :rolleyes:

Most of you are ASSuming he KNOWINGLY carried it into Canada KNOWING he would be caught trying to go through screening.

Either dumb for forgetting it was there or screwed if someone put it there for him.

No way!!! Every time? :rolleyes:

I understand it's not a big deal. You just say yes and then no. The point is they implemented that procedure because a pilot took a gun through and got busted with it in Europe. When these things happen, the TSA over thinks things and implement new procedures. A couple more of these and we may start seeing x-ray machines at all KCM checkpoints...

For IBNAV8R, while true we don't know all the details, I think I would remember putting a loaded gun in my crew bag. However, if we find that it was planted there by someone else, well that may be different...

I understand it's not a big deal. You just say yes and then no. The point is they implemented that procedure because a pilot took a gun through and got busted with it in Europe. When these things happen, the TSA over thinks things and implement new procedures. A couple more of these and we may start seeing x-ray machines at all KCM checkpoints...

For IBNAV8R, while true we don't know all the details, I think I would remember putting a loaded gun in my crew bag. However, if we find that it was planted there by someone else, well that may be different...

FYI, it was a Airways FA that got busted with the gun in Europe not a Pilot.

The normal procedure for FFDO crew upon entry to Canada is to inform CBSA that he/she is an FFDO and CBSA provide a lock box for the guns while the FFDO is on layover and then it is given back to the FFDO when the crew member is returning to the aircraft.

This post should be deleted. Factually wrong and misleading.

It's good to let the bad guys know we are packing to and from Canada but why would you discuss any procedure on a public forum?

Latest resources

Back