• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Caught With Loaded Handgun at Calgary Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The normal procedure for FFDO crew upon entry to Canada is to inform CBSA that he/she is an FFDO and CBSA provide a lock box for the guns while the FFDO is on layover and then it is given back to the FFDO when the crew member is returning to the aircraft.

FFDOs carry to Canada now? Cool.

The U.S.'s Transportation Security Administration said Thursday White used his Known Crew Member status to bypass security at Salt Lake International Airport.

Yet another threat to KCM...

It is true we on this forum may not know all the facts. But I am willing to bet a large sum of money this is another case of a "responsible" gun owner who forgot where he keeps his loaded handgun, or a guy who decided to carry it around with him secretly hoping he would have a chance to play hero and thinking he could use KCM to avoid being caught with it.

Guys have got to stop using the same fricking bag at the range that they use for their flight kit.

Just don't do it...

What's NOT COOL is a non union pilot putting into jeopardy the KCM program funded in part by ALPA. It is frustrating enough that I have to get in line behind a bunch of FA's who are riding our coat tails.....

What's NOT COOL is a non union pilot putting into jeopardy the KCM program funded in part by ALPA. It is frustrating enough that I have to get in line behind a bunch of FA's who are riding our coat tails.....

Deep breath, brush sand out our your mangina, a baby wipe with aloe will help with the chafing too.
There now don't you feel better?

Don't worry, pretty sure he will be unemployed soon enough.

Don't worry, pretty sure he will be unemployed soon enough.

Being banned from Canada for gun charges kind of puts a limit on your flight scheduling as well as possibly having your air side access denied for carrying a weapon aboard an aircraft for which you did not have authorization to do so.

Latest resources

Back