• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot busted for dropping bag of flour out of airplane near Phoenix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MCSO is a joke. Well, not the department, but the sheriff. One huge publicity stunt after another. I wouldn't classify this as such...but I did hear the actual call on the radio.

The Forest Service employee saw the bags come out and went ape S#!T and "secured" the area near Needle Rock. MCSO was dispatched along with the narcotics division (they thought it was a drug run, someone blew it out of proportion and said they were in black gym bags) then proceeded to give an aircraft description...I kid you not, the description was read as: "a white airplane with the wings on top, it looked like all the markings were taken off and it had a single propeller."

Way to describe 80% of the country's training fleet.

Anyway once the narcotic division was dispatched, the fire department had shown up but was staged nearby just incase breathing problems occured. MCSO then notified the FBI and Homeland Security. An hour or so into the call, someone managed to contact the gaggle of idiots to tell them it was flour from a paintballing game.

I've done flour bombing contests. They are great fun as long as everyone is safe and smart.

Unfortunately, they are going to stick this pilot. I sincerely hope he wasn't stupid enough to actually try hitting his friends with the flour.

It is, alas, against the law to dump anything on Federal property without permission (for good reason). Flour bombing, of course, is a lame reason, so they will try to burn him as if he were dumping his meth lab out there.

C

PC12Cowboy said:
Welcome back Mini...did you pass any writtens while you were banned?
LMFAO

Finished getting ready for the ATP. Gonna set that up for next week some time. It was great! LOL

-mini

mattpilot said:
hold on.... you don't even have your commercial and you want to take the ATP written???

Yeah...if nothing else it'll look good on a resume.

Gonna take the dispatcher written too since they're basically the same.

I'll be 23 in 8 months, so I'm pretty confident that within the next 24 I'll meet the requirements.

Next up: FE and maybe Parachute Rigger or whatever it's called.

Hey, it's not on my dime, so why not, right?

-mini

*edit*
Plus with the Gliem software, all I have to do is memorize it. Then I have all sorts of time to actually learn it. Memorizing is pretty easy for me, so it's all good. I'd recommend it to anyone! (the software that is)

is it even possible to take ATP without Commercial license?

Btw.. i have a feeling it will take you a good 2-3 years of instructing to get the hours required for an ATP practical checkride - don't forget, you need 500 hours X-C ;)

mattpilot said:
is it even possible to take ATP without Commercial license?

Btw.. i have a feeling it will take you a good 2-3 years of instructing to get the hours required for an ATP practical checkride - don't forget, you need 500 hours X-C ;)

Yep, 61.153(f). *edit* Did you mean the written or the practical?
The written, yes. The practical, no...you've got to have a commercial with instrument. There are other ways, but the way I (we) will have to go is Commercial / Instrument.

...and don't forget 100 night and 75 instrument (50 must be in an airplane) and 250 PIC of which 100 is Cross Country and 25 is night. Plus if you have over 20 night full stop landings, you can sub one landing for one hour of night time not to exceed 25 "hours".

You can take the writtens whenever you want. They're only valid for 24 months unless you're with a 135 or 121 operator (for the ATP written anyway) within that time frame.

2-3 Years? I don't think so. Between being a whore-instructor (attempting to max myself out) and possibly doing some safety pilot stuff for friends, flying the family here and there, etc...I'll be close on the 24 months probably, but if I can fly "full time" I won't need to re-take the test.

But...if I've got to re-take, so I'll have to pay for the test then, but at no expense to me right now, I'd be stupid not to take any and all tests I can study and prepare for...especially when I'm not flying anyway and I have nothing to do except study for orals where I'll get questions like "what is visual purple" and "how many Rods and Cones do you have in each eye?" plus the writtens...

But if you really want to know...my goal is to be like Cliff from Cheers some day...just full of useless information :D

-mini

2-3 Years? I don't think so. Between being a whore-instructor (attempting to max myself out) and possibly doing some safety pilot stuff for friends, flying the family here and there, etc...I'll be close on the 24 months probably, but if I can fly "full time" I won't need to re-take the test.

The hardest part is coming up with 500 X-C and 75 actual.

instructers here at sparten who've been here 3 years still don't have the requirements, despite having 3000 hours.

Latest resources

Back