Pilot busted for dropping bag of flour out of airplane near Phoenix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
redd said:
This is the same sheriff that makes inmates wear pink underwear and pink jumpsuits and who also makes them sleep outside in tents in the summer in 115 degree heat during the day and about 100 degrees at night.

I --and 60+% of Maricopa County Voters-- don't have a problem with that...but this department has had it's share of boners...remember the "Joe Arizona" incident?

Some actor who had formerly played a character named "Joe Arizona" in a some political commercials was downtown for Halloween or some other holiday dressed up in an untucked DPS trooper uniform shirt with a plastic badge, a pair of the famous "pink underwear," cowboy boots and a goofy hat.

A sheriff's detective was eating lunch at a local establishment and spotted this dude. He called DPS and described the uniform and told the DPS duty officer that the guy needed a "big fat ticket" for impersonating an officer.:rolleyes:

I think that DPS arrived, met with the detective and subsequently left without citing the guy (if I remember right...or perhaps they didn't think the "call" was priority enough for them to get there within a short period of time)...either way, the DPS didn't get the guy cited, so someone from the Sheriff's office did it.:rolleyes:

The leadership of the MCSO's official stance was to stand by their officer and that the they were gonna "let the courts decide" if the charges were warranted. But to their credit, the citation unceremoniously "went away" a few weeks after the initial to-do with a short statement that said something about judicial priorities.

Hopefully such will happen in this case.

I don't have a problem overall with the MCSO, but, like any department, it employs a few people who lack the ability to step back and make a reasonable judgement as to whether their actions serve the interest of justice.

Last edited:
TDTURBO said:
I know what I'll be doing next time up, hmmmm, need lots of flour and toilet paper. I just need to figure out what to attack.

Maybe a Michael Jackson Support Rally!:)

Jacko already looks like someone dropped a bag of flour on him.:D

TDTURBO said:
I know what I'll be doing next time up, hmmmm, need lots of flour and toilet paper. I just need to figure out what to attack.

Maybe a Michael Jackson Support Rally!:)
Just be carefull you don't spill your coffee while doing this, I'd hate to see an NTSB report that cited the pilot as being "papier mache'd" in the causal factor for the crash.

So was the gatorade bottle full of urine that I was forced to "jettison" a while back was a biological weapon?

Cardinal said:
So was the gatorade bottle full of urine that I was forced to "jettison" a while back a biological weapon?
No, but when they find it impailed in someone's skull with your fingerprints on the bottle and your DNA splattered all over the place, it's going to be hard to find a defense in criminal court for the manslaughter charge.

Hopefully, the civil suit will find that the victim was only "worth" about $300,000 to society, like they did in the case of my friend Bruce Compton. Sometimes you get lucky like that, sometimes you're unlucky enough to take out a Doctor or a Major Airline Pielet and they nail you for TEN MILLION DOLLARS, the bastages.

A beer distribution company hit my buddy Bruce with a telephone pole and killed him as he walked down a sidewalk...the civil suit bore out that he was only "worth" 300,000 to society. The survivors appealed, but everybody knew Bruce wasn't worth a plug nickle. So maybe you'll get lucky and only hit some backwater town's version of Bruce...or maybe you'll be unlucky and hit a winner like a doctor.

But anywhoo...congratulations on getting your screen name fixed...that Cardenal thing was driving me nuts!!! :D

Last edited:
Cardenal
Last Activity: Today 11:37
Forum Info
PostsTotal Posts: 10 (0.02 posts per day)
Find all posts by Cardenal
Find all threads started by Cardenal

In fact, my screename wasn't broke. Just somebody with no spelling skillz. And no numchuck skillz, and no bowhunting skillz...

Cardinal said:
In fact, my screename wasn't broke. Just somebody with no spelling skillz. And no numchuck skillz, and no bowhunting skillz...
Hahaha...thanks hoss!

enough egg on face to feed Denny's

I don't have a problem overall with the MCSO, but, like any department, it employs a few people who lack the ability to step back and make a reasonable judgement as to whether their actions serve the interest of justice.[/QUOTE]

That's about the smartest statement I've heard yet.

sqwkvfr said:
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office. They don't even know for sure what the "charge" is gonna be yet, but they seem confident that they'll be able to put the pilot in jail for something.
:

Probably for wasting police time and resources.

There was an old TV commerical in the early 80's in N. Ireland showing the police pulling this guy over for doing 32 in a 30. I always loved the drivers last comment to the cop, 'Why don't leave me alone and go and catch some terrorists !!"

Latest resources

Back