• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot bill passes house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don, I'm sorry, but after turning my head upside down to get a better view of your avatar, I couldn't read anything else you actually typed...

:D

(jk, buddy)

(2) have received flight training, academic training, or operational experience that will prepare a pilot, at a minimum, to--

(A) function effectively in a multipilot environment;
I wonder how this will impact the hiring of military single seat pilots? Will they need to prove this before getting hired? or will initial training cover it.

I wonder how this will impact the hiring of military single seat pilots? Will they need to prove this before getting hired? or will initial training cover it.

One of the greatest myths in aviation is that military fighter guys are not exposed to, nor well practiced in, CRM techniques.

Other than limited cross-country flying, single-seat flyers function almost exclusively in "multi pilot" environments. Every meaningful mission is flown with a multiple of four or more jets. Thus, the need for effective CRM - and the necessity to overcome the challenges thereto - are merely enhanced when you cannot simply turn across the cockpit and see the crania of those with whom you are flying...

Cheers,

Felix

One of the greatest myths in aviation is that military fighter guys are not exposed to, nor well practiced in, CRM techniques.

Other than limited cross-country flying, single-seat flyers function almost exclusively in "multi pilot" environments. Every meaningful mission is flown with a multiple of four or more jets. Thus, the need for effective CRM - and the necessity to overcome the challenges thereto - are merely enhanced when you cannot simply turn across the cockpit and see the crania of those with whom you are flying...

Cheers,

Felix

CRM? What happened to "2","3", "4", or "MAYDAY"? :)

Cheers,

Felix

Disagree slightly. Single seat guys will never be able to polish the critical CRM skill of not choking the crap out of the guy sitting next to you. Pivotal to this CRM skill is the equally important skill of avoiding getting the crap choked out of you by the guy sitting next to you.

We always wondered what kind of pilot liked to take off from the boat, single engine, on-fire, and low fuel state. And that was a good as it would get.

Latest resources

Back