• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot bill passes house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is MEL experience, does that mean a SEL ATP would not be accepted if a pilot had a Comm MEL?

It would be GREAT if there was NO Grandfather clause. Give the current folks the 3 years and if still not ATP - KICK EM' TO THE STREET!

BAJA.

Eat the young, eh?? you are starting to sound like a senior SEA pilot that you are always ragging about. ironic.

Mookie

Yea, like that age 65 legislation. Thanks for that.

Yep....that worked out good for us didn't it?

I'm telling you guys...it's the ME ME ME generation of which produced out current ALPAN leadership.

Older pilots lost their retirement and have 5 ex wives so we have to take care of them.

What retirement? No "A" plans I'm affiliated with, this generation of airline pilot leadership gave that away. As well as a "B" scale, as well as jet flying at legacy carriers, as well as...

The problem is that most guys don't want to be bothered with doing something about it. Maybe it will take a loss of their job to foreign pilots to wake them up? Or maybe they'll just NEVER stand up at all.

An ATP should be required for any airline job. Passengers deserve qualified pilots flying their aircraft. Buffalo is a good example of hiring minimumly qualified pilots.

does level c or d sim time count towards your atp time?

Folks will re-think military route as a way to 121!

I don't think too many people pursue a military pilot slot as a path to an airline job any more. Airline jobs are too easy to buy and have too little to offer, while the military offers a more stability and better pay.

Latest resources

Back