• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont to recieve a true flow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you guys the best. Not sure what's going on at ExpressJet but I hope it not as bad as flying around 25 year old Turbo Props with a pilot group that is just over 300. Piedmont has held the line for many years and it has been a punishment in many ways in trying to keep the bar high.
We watched as Mesa, PSA, TSA, CHQ, and many more airlines kept getting RJ's and the bigger payrates.
I'm sure when we vote on this TA we will give consideration to many things.

Honestly I live in Base and make pretty damn good money for the plane I fly. While our schedules have sucked the last 2 months I enjoy great vacation and can takeover 2 months out of the year off. I would like to stay at PDT. I have enjoyed my stay here, but if we are closing up operations as the planes time out then it's nice to know I can continue to work. And to work within the US Airways/American System to stay close to home.

Surf, glad to have ya and another certain mutual friend we have, welcome to the dAArk side! :beer:

It's a straight date of hire flow. I'm thinking FO's will also get to flow. We already had a number of FO's get hired through the Preferential Interviewing Not sure of the numbers per month that will get to flow. Piedmont is a very senior airline so the top 20% have too much seniority and vacation to give up so I see them by passing. Plus they all have retirement and if there retirement grievence get done many will probably bail at age 60. Honestly everyone that was hired over the last year is set and people hired now might have the golden ticket for their airline career.
But still the details and language are being hammered out now. Remember we probably aren't getting EMB's so this might just be a kind way of shutting Piedmont down and making sure everyone stay employed by American.

I thought the whole point of the agreement is so you would fly the EMB's?

I thought the whole point of the agreement is so you would fly the EMB's?

Actually I think the whole point of this agreement is to keep the Dash 8's flying for the next 5-6 years. It was to the point we couldn't keep up with the people leaving. No upgrades and if we did it was only 2-3 every few months. Once FO's finished training they would apply and leave within 6-12 months. American wants to keep this cheap regional feed flying. And now they know the Airline will be staff with a solid flow to American.

I highly doubt there will ever be EMB's here at PDT.

Surf, glad to have ya and another certain mutual friend we have, welcome to the dAArk side! :beer:

hahahaha.... we'll honestly I've loved living in EWN and having a good QOL. But it will be nice to know the Dark Sides awaits us. :) Thanks

The whole idea of the TA ( IMHO ) was to have a future for the pilots on the property. There wasn't very much enthusiasm for having the 175s with either an RAH/EGL deal. Management has actually "blinked" a little bit by agreeing to a straight-flow without totally giving away the store with higher paying regional jobs. I think our negotiators did AA's good a job as they could, and our pilots have been steadfast in supporting a deal that is good for all parties. I haven't seen any details, and all I know is via the ALPA reps. But, I am hopeful our senior pilots ( ESPECIALLY the pilots over 60 ) are being given a path to keep their jobs or have some kind of a buy-out to early retirement. I don't expect the flow to be permanent though...

As time goes on, a legacy interview will be easier and easier to get. A disadvantage to a flow is that it can actually prevent you from getting to your dream job sooner. It hasn't seemed that way for the past 13 years, but times are changing. I strongly disagree with flows. The only pilots that benefit from flows are the lazy ones. Everyone else loses.

As time goes on, a legacy interview will be easier and easier to get. A disadvantage to a flow is that it can actually prevent you from getting to your dream job sooner. It hasn't seemed that way for the past 13 years, but times are changing. I strongly disagree with flows. The only pilots that benefit from flows are the lazy ones. Everyone else loses.

Nobody is prevented from going to other majors with this flow. And all are hiring. I've seen many of great pilots get turned down. Were they lazy? Getting all the rating to fly it's safe to say most aren't lazy. Some have become happy at there regional making 90k or more and having a good QOL.You are never guaranteed a major airline job.
All this does is allow more options.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back