• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont to recieve a true flow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea it's alright don't worry. You'll get your RJ soon enough. You won't have to worry about your inadequacies.

Crappy Dash?? Any pilot that isn't any real pilot would not make a statement like that.

HUH??!

You might want to rephrase that into coherent English. Unless it was a Freudian slip, what it really states is that a real pilot would make such a statement as the one you to attempted to retort. I think you mean the opposite. Perhaps your subconscious agrees with CX.

I think you felt so indignant being a TP pilot, you couldn't even get it out properly.

Yeah we've been in the stone ages for so long at Piedmont. The look of confusion upon seeing a Airbus sim might be laughable.

Yea it's alright don't worry. You'll get your RJ soon enough. You won't have to worry about your inadequacies.

Let me see if I understand what you and the other haters are talking about:

1. You have a commuter airline that flies antiquated equipment
2. There are no firm plans to put another fleet type on that certificate
3. There is about a 5 year life cycle on the current aircraft

Their MEC comes along and:

1. Maintains their quality of life and benefits for another contract
2. Gets seniority based flow to American for ALL pilots on the property to insure that nobody loses their job in the case that the airline does not receive any new aircraft.

Somebody in the industry has a problem with this???????

2. Gets seniority based flow to American for ALL pilots on the property to insure that nobody loses their job in the case that the airline does not receive any new aircraft.

Winner winner... Chicken dinner!

Crappy Dash?? Any pilot that isn't any real pilot would not make a statement like that. Totally sums up your whole career on flight info.

Piedmont's fleet will while probably time out over the next 5 years. American wanted to keep flying these Crappy Dash's that are cash cows. So what our MEC did was to ensure a future for any new hire that wants to fly these crappy dashes with a secure job in the real near future at American Airlines..... Not interview, no strings attached... Your date of hire gets you at the largest Airline in the world. Haters gonna hate... While the Airline itself doesn't have a future because no planes are being placed it secures everyone a job.

Get over yourself.... What an idiot!!!

That's good....but does it under cut others, especially those who fly for regionals owned by the same holding company? Will this deal be at least as lucrative as Envoys in terms of pilot contract costs?

Yes, if it undercuts others.

Last edited:
Explain undercut others??? You mean like Republic's contract? Has ALPA told us the baseline for Regional pay and workrules?? Piedmont has a pretty good working contract that's older then the time I've been here. And even with it being that old I'd put it up against almost ever regional today. Our union has fought to keep it industrial leading. We have probably one of the best healthcare deals in terms of what we pay and what we get. Vision, dental included with family cost at about 150.00 a month. Even a few Mainline airlines (US Airways included) have said we have it better then they do.
While we haven't seen the meat and potatoes yet of the contract I'm sure they'll be some things we won't be happy about. But the fact that our union has secured a future so that many of our 25 year plus guys can retire here and that our new hires can feel better about staying knowing that have a job at American is a big deal.

Explain undercut others??? You mean like Republic's contract? Has ALPA told us the baseline for Regional pay and workrules?? Piedmont has a pretty good working contract that's older then the time I've been here. And even with it being that old I'd put it up against almost ever regional today. Our union has fought to keep it industrial leading. We have probably one of the best healthcare deals in terms of what we pay and what we get. Vision, dental included with family cost at about 150.00 a month. Even a few Mainline airlines (US Airways included) have said we have it better then they do.
While we haven't seen the meat and potatoes yet of the contract I'm sure they'll be some things we won't be happy about. But the fact that our union has secured a future so that many of our 25 year plus guys can retire here and that our new hires can feel better about staying knowing that have a job at American is a big deal.

Sure, you have secured your future. I'm sure that's what PSA said as well. I believe I defined undercutting. Seeing that we are talking about a holding company whipsawing three regionals against each other, the deal shouldn't be less lucrative than the most lucrative contract out there, especially Envoy, since it was them who originally stood up to this whipsaw and sacrificed "securing" their future.

Sure, you have secured your future. I'm sure that's what PSA said as well. I believe I defined undercutting. Seeing that we are talking about a holding company whipsawing three regionals against each other, the deal shouldn't be less lucrative than the most lucrative contract out there, especially Envoy, since it was them who originally stood up to this whipsaw and sacrificed "securing" their future.

I agree...... I hope our MEC did hold the line in terms of Envoy. Only problem with us is that we have ZERO leverage. PSA had Leverage, Envoy has Leverage.... Parker doesn't want Piedmont to have 175's. We don't have the facilities that Envoy has. We don't have the resources period. It will cost them more money to shut Envoy down then it would us. An airline that has 38 Turbo Props that are over 20 years old has Zero leverage. Our planes are history over the next 5 years. I see a bigger plan coming to play. I see us slowly going away after each plane times out or maybe a merger with Envoy.

Either way we've been screwed hard in the past by the whipsaws and this secure jobs for everyone on the Piedmont property.

Last edited:
I agree...... I hope our MEC did hold the line in terms of Envoy. Only problem with us is that we have ZERO leverage. PSA had Leverage, Envoy has Leverage.... Parker doesn't want Piedmont to have 175's. We don't have the facilities that Envoy has. We don't have the resources period. It will cost them more money to shut Envoy down then it would us. An airline that has 38 Turbo Props that are over 20 years old has Zero leverage. Our planes are history over the next 5 years. I see a bigger plan coming to play. I see us slowly going away after each plane times out or maybe a merger with Envoy.

Either way we've been screwed hard in the past by the whipsaws and this secure jobs for everyone on the Piedmont property.

Yeah, very tough situation. A merger of the three airlines would be best for all their pilots. Which is why management will fight you for it. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back