• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont to close SYR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, you must have walked to school up hill, both ways, in the snow. Save me the speech, Grandpa.

My first one was a little harsh, so I edited it.

You aren't the panoosh from Scranton, are ya?

Last edited:
My first one was a little harsh, so I edited it.

You aren't the panoosh from Scranton, are ya?

No. But the guy who felt the need to belittle me becasue he has 100k of dash 8 time was completely rediculous. My post had nothing to do with bragging aboout being here for 2 years or paying any dues. If half the FO's here are hired in 2007, then 2 years would be a long time to be on reserve for an FO here.

Stay outta Laguardia, you'll ruin me and my days off!!! Oh please god let those idiots in SBY open up a PHL base and give flying back to LGA. DAMN, I guess I am part of the "me generation"...

I love how the base is closing during the holiday schedule reduction. As has been said before, there will be overnighters there in FEB/MAR. F-ucking Fascists!

Oh, and stay out a Malibu Lebowski!!

You know it. Hey, it helped me stay warm that February!

crossroads story time:

hanging out there one summer evening with the general group of ALG crew comming and going - one of the CA's wants to go sit outside and smoke (post NY bar smoking ban) so we take the pics of beer we are splitting and head to the outside picnic tables. At some point I remember a CoEx crew from the hotel joining us.

Anyway the cook comes outside to smoke also and the CA and I notice him give a small "package" to a car that pulled up then get $$$ in return. We just looked at each other a kept drinking. At some point the cook must have noticed that we noticed and went inside for 10 minutes then returned with 2 baskets of wings and fries - on the house.

crossroads story time:

hanging out there one summer evening with the general group of ALG crew comming and going - one of the CA's wants to go sit outside and smoke (post NY bar smoking ban) so we take the pics of beer we are splitting and head to the outside picnic tables. At some point I remember a CoEx crew from the hotel joining us.

Anyway the cook comes outside to smoke also and the CA and I notice him give a small "package" to a car that pulled up then get $$$ in return. We just looked at each other a kept drinking. At some point the cook must have noticed that we noticed and went inside for 10 minutes then returned with 2 baskets of wings and fries - on the house.

Classic!!! I bet you guys enjoyed those wings.

you guys think they're closing SYR in order to get some old expensive farts to quit and/or rustle some feathers across the system?? because it seems like syracuse is and will be a strong market. just like their wet dreams, pdt management seemed to screw SYR up too!!

you guys think they're closing SYR in order to get some old expensive farts to quit and/or rustle some feathers across the system?? because it seems like syracuse is and will be a strong market. just like their wet dreams, pdt management seemed to screw SYR up too!!

Paying for forced moves is not cheap, and I'd think the closing the base would be more likely to get FOs to quit than senior captains who just have to tough it out a few more years. I'd also imagine that after last closing, plenty of guys will just assume it will re-open so enough.

If SYR is a strong market it makes sense to get rid of PDTs RONs.... Strong markets are not 37 seat markets.

Anyway, best of luck to y'all in the Siberacuse

Doug

(former PDT SYR 2.0 guy)

Paying for forced moves is not cheap, and I'd think the closing the base would be more likely to get FOs to quit than senior captains who just have to tough it out a few more years. I'd also imagine that after last closing, plenty of guys will just assume it will re-open so enough.

If SYR is a strong market it makes sense to get rid of PDTs RONs.... Strong markets are not 37 seat markets.

Anyway, best of luck to y'all in the Siberacuse

Doug

(former PDT SYR 2.0 guy)

?????????????? What the hell are you talking about. Just what we need is more FO's to quit.

?????????????? What the hell are you talking about. Just what we need is more FO's to quit.

Should have been more clear. I don't think they're closing the base to get FOs to quit, I think that closing the base might make the FOs quit.

What it will do is make all the captains look closer now at taking those mainline postions.

Latest resources

Back