• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont to close SYR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure. What I don't understand is where is everyone gonna go? It's not like we're growing, we've been steadily shrinking in the year and a half that I've been here.

Very good question...I count 46 pilots getting displaced, what does this mean for the pilot group? I wonder if they'll have to furlough off the bottom or at least stop hiring...

Very good question...I count 46 pilots getting displaced, what does this mean for the pilot group? I wonder if they'll have to [1]furlough off the bottom or at least [2]stop hiring...

No.

No.

The problem is the zero RONs projected in February, not zero flying in and out of SYR as well as zero flying that SYR originators and crew lines carried throughout their trips. You WILL see PDT planes overnighting in SYR again, just like you could see them in ORF shortly after it closed. Then again, you might not. Marketing is a fickle beeyitch.

They'll realign the flying to wherever it makes sense, and expand the lines accordingly in those bases (LGA cough LGA and elsewhere).

* If you have a question, call or email the scheduling committee chairman. I'm certain he's working on getting answers for you.

Last edited:
And this whole situation sucks ARSE. We're talking families, lives and just plain peace of mind screwed with over the holidays. At least they told us now, instead of late next month.

And this whole situation sucks ARSE. We're talking families, lives and just plain peace of mind screwed with over the holidays. At least they told us now, instead of late next month.

Yup, as long as you are boxing up Christmas presents, might as well box up the rest of your sheeyite as well.

Any rumors about any base openings? I noticed we now overnight 5 crews in ABE... That would make some ALG folks happy. I can't stop overnighting in ORF and it seems our "lemme use your crew room computer so you can't sign out" buddies at Colgan our closing that domicile. Any hope?

Personally, I don't think so.

Just like CLT, ORF, PHF, LYH, JAX, TPA, etc........

Rumors abound, lads. And if you look at where the planes sleep, a LOT of places make sense to make a base.

Hope is a four letter word.

Rumors abound, lads. And if you look at where the planes sleep, a LOT of places make sense to make a base.

Hope is a four letter word.

Yep. Places like CLT, PHL, and LGA. You know, the places where the reserve coverage is needed!

Why this airline is so stuck on out station basing I will never understand (other than hotel expenses which happen anyway when pilots have to DH to another crew base to cover the short staffing).

Why this airline is so stuck on out station basing I will never understand (other than hotel expenses which happen anyway when pilots have to DH to another crew base to cover the short staffing).

If it was good enough for ole man Henson its good enough for blindingly incompetent inbred chicken forkers in the trailers

You WILL see PDT planes overnighting in SYR again...

After they closed SYR the first time, I flew 4-days with triple SYR overnights, twice in a row. It was awesome.

Latest resources

Back