• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Rumors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
in theory not at risk now. Whiskey overnights so many rj's there already, opening a base may be just a cost cutting measure. Or are they dramatically increasing their flying there???????????

i dont see how they can close our LGA base...i see at least 5 of our planes there, and i've been told we keep 6 overnight in LGA...*fingers crossed* =/

From what I understand, the reason LGA is becoming a domicile is because of the hotel costs...cheaper to pass the cost to the crews who then have to pay out of their pockets for a crash pad/etc, not to mention they're gonna be doing the CHQ flying for Airways out of LGA

Last edited:
Any news on the PHX base?

Yeah.. opening in June with Q400s.

and the company plans to put us up in a Hilton hotel free of charge for 1 year until we can get settled and acclimated to the dry heat....................

in theory not at risk now. Whiskey overnights so many rj's there already, opening a base may be just a cost cutting measure. Or are they dramatically increasing their flying there???????????

They tell us at AWAC that our new bases will not change anything. Same number of block hours, same overnights, same flights. Just not paying for hotels anymore. So I don't think we will affect the Piedmont flying any more than we already have.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back