Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
A few interesting tidbits from my last 4 days of flying...

1. Apparently, US Airways has skipped over a whole mess of pilots in the preferential hiring pool and started interviewing relatively junior FOs... As in 8/2004 hire date. I thought the program was supposed to respect seniority order? I guess not. Sweet.

2. Rumors of a PHL base and a LGA closure abound and refuse to die. Discuss...

3. O where o where did the flying go? Lots of new CAs running about, lots more reserves. Not a lot of lines added to other bases after the SYR closure. Any ideas anyone?

Are my ears ringing from the props or is that the fat lady gettin' ready for her aria?

3. O where o where did the flying go? Lots of new CAs running about, lots more reserves. Not a lot of lines added to other bases after the SYR closure. Any ideas anyone?

this time of year the flying block hours always drop off and there are more reserve lines.

1. Apparently, US Airways has skipped over a whole mess of pilots in the preferential hiring pool and started interviewing relatively junior FOs... As in 8/2004 hire date. I thought the program was supposed to respect seniority order? I guess not. Sweet.

Utterly impossible. US Airways has always conducted hiring, recall, and flow up in seniority order; they have the utmost integrity in this regard and I find the mere suggestion of impropriety offensive.

Even if they had done anything improper, ALPA would have been all over it. Witness the way the whole MDA (Mainline) and J4J thing has been handled. Perfection, I tell you. Everyone's seniority and longevity has been perfectly recorded and respected. And those pay protections in LOA93? Amazing how the company pays, right to the penny, the exact amount everyone would have made had they not been held away from recall.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree here. US Airways would NEVER attempt to go back on any of its policies like you are insinuating; they have far too much respect for their employees and morale. And, like I said, if somehow this did occur, ALPA would have gotten in there and fixed the problem immediately, before it had any impact whatsoever on its members.

Sleep well. ALPA's got your back.

Utterly impossible. US Airways has always conducted hiring, recall, and flow up in seniority order; they have the utmost integrity in this regard and I find the mere suggestion of impropriety offensive.

Even if they had done anything improper, ALPA would have been all over it. Witness the way the whole MDA (Mainline) and J4J thing has been handled. Perfection, I tell you. Everyone's seniority and longevity has been perfectly recorded and respected. And those pay protections in LOA93? Amazing how the company pays, right to the penny, the exact amount everyone would have made had they not been held away from recall.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree here. US Airways would NEVER attempt to go back on any of its policies like you are insinuating; they have far too much respect for their employees and morale. And, like I said, if somehow this did occur, ALPA would have gotten in there and fixed the problem immediately, before it had any impact whatsoever on its members.

Sleep well. ALPA's got your back.

Oh. Yeah. My bad.

I feel so guilty for thinking that US and ALPA had anything other than my best interests at heart. I am so silly!

I'm gonna go write Dougy a love note right now!

:beer:

A lot of people never added themselves to the yes list prior to that (was it a Dec 2nd?) date. Maybe they are going from the initial list first. JB is totally connected to them give him a call he can tell you where you are on the list............... anyone hear anything on the rumor of 3/1 pay from mainline? (thats one year of pay rate for every 3 years of service at PDT)

Here's a new one: Captain comes back from CQ, supposedly was told by el Presidente Farrow that he told Bombardier: "we are prettying up the -100's, so we want more powerful engines and have them recertified to actually carry 37 people again with no restrictions".

Hopefully it's just a lunatic bargaining tactic. Also because, if no new planes, we are shrinking airline come 2009.

-Ole Assistant chief first officer seems to be telling everyone he sees that Philly will happen. There was also 5 originators there a few days ago. Closing LGA, in light of Whisky's base realignment, makes sense. It also pisses me off to no end.

-I actually see more hard lines for captains going from JAN to FEB. 7 more including the close of SYR.

- Haven't heard about FO's getting interviewed. Better update the logbook.....

I guess when we get those 3 airplanes back in May, that will give you more lines. 12-15? Dunno....

A lot of people never added themselves to the yes list prior to that (was it a Dec 2nd?) date. Maybe they are going from the initial list first. JB is totally connected to them give him a call he can tell you where you are on the list............... anyone hear anything on the rumor of 3/1 pay from mainline? (thats one year of pay rate for every 3 years of service at PDT)

I can tell you for a fact that one CA who applied prior to the deadline got skipped... ME!

I called JB but only was able to talk to the "Gatekeeper." She said that they had called the sandcastle, but no response had yet been recieved as to why the funny order.

I hadn't heard about 3/1 pay, sounds like wishful thinking to me. The MDA guys that went in at year 1 would howl over that, and rightfully so.

Latest resources

Back