• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Rumors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have 25 Captains in New Bern for 15 lines. Remember people are gonna get released in March to go to mainline.

I think we are gonna see an interesting summer at Piedmont Airlines.

I hope so. There are a lot of lifers in LGA now. I only know 1 guy so far from LGA who even interviewed. (and was hired by mainline). Most that I have flown with have little interest in going. Also, 3 that were supposed to retire this year are now staying for 5 more years.

If the rumor is true about 3 years to 1 at mainline you might see more peope opt to go to mainline.

Tuff getting many of these old Dash guys that make between 80-90k a year to take a plunge at US Airways. Can you blame them? Moral, pay, etc. They are happy with there 4 vaction slots and 4 Occurences.

If the rumor is true about 3 years to 1 at mainline you might see more peope opt to go to mainline.

Tuff getting many of these old Dash guys that make between 80-90k a year to take a plunge at US Airways. Can you blame them? Moral, pay, etc. They are happy with there 4 vaction slots and 4 Occurences.

Not at all. I wouldn't go either if I were them. But, surprisingly, there are lots of younger guys who won't go either. Everyone has their reasons, and I respect their decisions, but it can still be frustrating.

A few interesting tidbits from my last 4 days of flying...

1. Apparently, US Airways has skipped over a whole mess of pilots in the preferential hiring pool and started interviewing relatively junior FOs... As in 8/2004 hire date. I thought the program was supposed to respect seniority order? I guess not. Sweet.

2. Rumors of a PHL base and a LGA closure abound and refuse to die. Discuss...

3. O where o where did the flying go? Lots of new CAs running about, lots more reserves. Not a lot of lines added to other bases after the SYR closure. Any ideas anyone?

Are my ears ringing from the props or is that the fat lady gettin' ready for her aria?

Has anyone been able to confirm the 1st one?

I'm in training right now and they are supprisingly not filling us with any koolaid

I thought everyone that was hired at mainline was put into a hiring pool until they feel the need to start taking some guys. So realistically it doesnt matter the order in which they interview, but the order in which they take pilots out of the hiring pool. Just food for thought. Oh yeah and we just placed an order for 55 Dash-8 400's with 100 options.

I thought everyone that was hired at mainline was put into a hiring pool until they feel the need to start taking some guys. So realistically it doesnt matter the order in which they interview, but the order in which they take pilots out of the hiring pool. Just food for thought. Oh yeah and we just placed an order for 55 Dash-8 400's with 100 options.

I asked this very question on ask Pissmont a while ago. The answer I got from SF was that the order in which you are interviewed and offered a position, is the order you will be hired. Who knows what will actually end up happening though.

If that order it true, I told you guys they'd order something as soon as I left. Hope it is. Ya'll deserve some good news!

Latest resources

Back