Piedmont Rumors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Piedmont!

I can't stress enough how the base realignment pisses us off too. Management writes some bullsh*t email about how bases will help us with commuting options... right! What it really means is that they save millions in hotel costs while transferring that drain directly into our wallets. I sure am glad I just quit.

-Ole Assistant chief first officer seems to be telling everyone he sees that Philly will happen. There was also 5 originators there a few days ago. Closing LGA, in light of Whisky's base realignment, makes sense. It also pisses me off to no end.

DJ is a captain now, yay...anyway,

Ive heard the LGA closing rumor like crazy the past week too. Thanks Air Wisky....thanks a lot.

The other rumor about updating the 100's with the 200 engines and EFIS up front is another one...a stupid one at that. It supposedly only gives the -100 another 20,000 cycles. 2 mil for the engines, plus EFIS.....should just get the 400's instead.

Time to update the resume!

pilotx86 said:
Ive heard the LGA closing rumor like crazy the past week too. Thanks Air Wisky....thanks a lot.

Yeah, the ZW pilot group was just lusting for a LGA domicile. In fact, I bet some of our commuters out west were SO excited at reading the memo that PHL and DCA would be shrunk in order to staff RDU and "that place where on-time goes to die" that they even spotted a little; I mean who wouldn't want to commute in for back-to-back trips that require commuter hotels before, between, and after at $100+/night?

I can't stress enough how the base realignment pisses us off too. Management writes some bullsh*t email about how bases will help us with commuting options... right! What it really means is that they save millions in hotel costs while transferring that drain directly into our wallets. I sure am glad I just quit.

They actually said they wanted to improve commuting life, or did I read that wrong?

Either way, I was squawking about that to MS, with no reply for at least a year. Things only kept getting worse.

They actually said they wanted to improve commuting life, or did I read that wrong?

Not exactly...

They said a LGA domicile would improve commuter QOL because of the frequency of flights into there, as well as JFK and EWR.

What they DIDN'T address was how the parings would look...which affects a commuter's QOL far more than the number of flights to/from the domicile.

A few interesting tidbits from my last 4 days of flying...

3. O where o where did the flying go? Lots of new CAs running about, lots more reserves. Not a lot of lines added to other bases after the SYR closure. Any ideas anyone?

I looked at lines for Jan and Feb. CHO, MDT, SBY, and ROA are all up 5-6 lines each for Feb. The only base that got less lines than LGA (2) from the SYR closure was EWN (0). Too bad 10 CA came to LGA. We now have 40 CA for 24 lines.

Last edited:
I looked at lines for Jan and Feb. CHO, MDT, SBY, and ROA are all up 5-6 lines each for Feb. The only base that got less lines than LGA (2) from the SYR closure was EWN (0). Too bad 10 CA came to LGA. We now have 40 CA for 24 lines.

We have 25 Captains in New Bern for 15 lines. Remember people are gonna get released in March to go to mainline.

I think we are gonna see an interesting summer at Piedmont Airlines.

Latest resources

Back