• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Jets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, the limit has always been 315. It comes from the mainline agreement under Attachment B page 6 under Authority. It allows for the operation of 150 small RJ's and 315 medium and large RJ's for a total of 465 aircraft. Those have always been the numbers, and they have not changed. Mid Atlantic will operate Large RJ's and those will count towards the 315 total.

specs

my memory's failing here so what are the specs on small/med/large?

is it
<50 is small
50-69 medium
70+ large?

if so, wouldn't those 44 seat crj's canadair offered to airways last year fall under the small set (plus allowing us to operate of 35 in phl?)

It really doesn't matter. PSA gets the jets, PDT, and ALG go home. In another year, Airways will still be hemmoraging cash. Who cares anymore. All I want is for Seagull and PDT management to tell us that "yes, you guys are going away so we can implement the Mainline Entitlement Program or (MEP)". I don't seriously think anyone here would intentionally bend an airlpane. We would just all be able to plan for the rest of our careers.

Does anyone else see it like this?

328dude

I did not say I didn't believe you. We all just want to know why you know so much. It is certainly more than your Piedmont bruthas know???...!!!

Hello,
Rumor around ROA from a couple of Piedmont folks I spoke with is that Piedmont is going to merge with Allegheny. All the -100/200s will be retired and they will be an all -300 operator. Whether any of this is true. Who really knows? Hopefully, it will work out good for Piedmont. They have a lot of truly veteran pilots going back to the Henson Aviation days and they do a good job flying those DASH-8s in and out of the mountains in some pretty crummy weather.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Kaman-
I doubt that rumor could be true in its entirety. Canning all the 100/200s and operating only 300s wouldn't make too much sense, and the last I knew 300s were not that plentiful or cheap.

Not to mention ALG's MX is not trained or authorized to work on the 300 powerplant. Not to mention the 300 is a mx hog and not very cheap to operate. I just don't believe that the U is going to spend anymore money on buying turboprops, period!

I think if we keep any of the Dashes it will be the 100's, only because we own a bunch. I think ALG owns 11 of them with PDT a few more than that. You cant get a Dash cheaper than that.

That was rediculous about the 300's. yeah right. merge 2 airlines to fly 11 aircraft. Oh well. keep the rumors comming, even bull$*it is better than what either our union or management is giving us. Oh yeah, the other dat in CLT I heard the Piedmont was going to merge with Delta and fly all the 777's. Seriously.. that's what i heard, so I had to put it on here..

MX hogs whatever........

Yeah the other day I'm in the cockpit with EL Space Cadet Capt. and he says to me "we need to replace these aircraft they cost U too much $$ in MX.... bla bla bla" and at the same time I'm
looking at the aircraft logbook which has about a months worth of flying in it and besides "daily oil checks" it has 2 write-ups in 20 days one of which was a reading light in 4A. 2 MX write-ups in 20 or so days on an aircraft that is flown 8 plus hours a day sounds pretty good to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back