• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Jets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The truth of this matter is that NO ONE knows what's going to happen until Management lets the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT out. The people on here don't know what's going to happen and they are just merely speculating. C'mon people, keep your chin up, at least you're still flying.

How do you fiqure

Dhc8ap you said:

When the jets do arrive and that's if they do, they will flush out most of PDT pilots to accomodate furloughed mainline guys in the J4J agreement to which we really had no choice.

You obviously don't know what is going on. In the worst case the most people displace would be half. BUT do the math mr. medical man.

Number of mainline furloughed 1800 (approx)

Mid-Atlantic gets at least 100 airplanes(already ordered)
that equals about 1000 pilots

PSA gets 60 with half seats going to J4J
that is another 300

The CRJ 700's would take another 200.

That is ABOUT 1500 mainline guys there and only half of the proposed RJ order over the next few years.

How you come up with a statement that most of your pilots will be displaced because of J$J is CRAZY.

J4j sucks but many pilots eligible aren't taking it anyways.

Spike- You need to do some math. If the 100% seat agreement is signed to place the jets at PDT or ALG thats great for the U pilots but who's going to have a job when the T/P's are extinct as David "Tattoo" Siegel has spewed to Wall street. You do the math it's not that hard. O from O=O Mr. Spike your pontifications sounds like the echo from Herndon or the exalted Mr Beebe. Which ALPA members are you milking for the dollars and flight pay loss? Pdt, ALG, MESA, PSA, or the U herd of entitled airmen.

Spike and others,

You say we "don't know", we'll what I can tell you is what we positively know and thats it that the Dash 8 is going away. Unless blind management realizes that this isn't pratical and retains some like CAL seems to be doing. Anyway back to my point we know the dash is going away and we also know that at this date in time there has been NO mention of replacement aircraft at ALG or PDT. So until this changes we have but no option other than to state that we (PDT&ALG) are to be ELIMINATED.

Please don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing better than to see a nice order for PDT and ALG which accomidates WO and Mainline guys and allows for a strong PROFIT MAKING US Airways, which inturn will allow me to spend my remaining 32 part 121 years here at U moving up thru the ranks (flow - yeah whatever, thats a whole new discussion). However current info which is public knowledge seems to suggest this will not happen. I stopped holding my breath along time ago.

Well all we can do is come to work, do the job we were hired for and let the chips fall where they may. I came to PDT about 3 years ago, and I for one hear everyone crying about the company in CLT. But the fact is I have enjoyed my job and PDT, and I would put our working contract against most in the Regional industry (Thanks to the senior guys at PDT that fought hard for them).
Hopefully U has something good planned for our futures at PDT & ALG, or maybe not. But that is something we have little control over.

It's my understanding that Mesa is supposed to have 70 seaters on U's property by end of 2004 (328 Dude-help me out...am I correct?). However, JO has been strangely quiet about the additional 50 RJ's we're suppose to be flying for U. Rumor here is that it might not happen. Hopefully, those jets are comming your guys way.

the turtle

Turtle: Only thing I know about MESA is that they will be around untill 2008.

Heres a question for you PDT and ALG guys.
Would you allow 70 seaters on your property that are staffed 100 percent by mainline pilots, if they payed you the 70 seat rate for flying a 50 seater?
Im just curious how you would vote on that proposal.

Cat: What are you talking about? THe 100 percent is for the CRJ-700 series only. THe 50 seaters are 50/50 and cannot drop below that per Paragraph 5 Lines 56-61 of LOA 83
Mainline would like to keep the original 25 70 seaters in house since it max's out the aggreements language of on 25 large SJ's being flown at a wholly owned. Any other orders for the CRJ-700 would have to go to an affiliate. Mesa? Probably. THey cannot go to MA because they cannot operate two types.
However, I think mainline is seeing that they will have no choice and place the original 25 70 seaters at a wholly owned becasue of the single type and not classified as "seperate equipment type"

Later

"Heres a question for you PDT and ALG guys.
Would you allow 70 seaters on your property that are staffed 100 percent by mainline pilots, if they payed you the 70 seat rate for flying a 50 seater?
Im just curious how you would vote on that proposal. "

At first look yeah sure I would. But its not really the pay or aircraft size that matters, but the size of the order I'm concerned about. 25 70 seaters between us and PDT ain't gonna cut it. Mainline can have the 70 seaters as long as we and PDT get a order like yours. We've got 45 Dash 8's currently at ALG so I want an order for somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 aircraft for us and the like PDT. Nobody looses their job. The mainline guys have a future you guys have a future what about ours? Its not like we didn't participate, we gave just as much as anybody else. I know I'm biased but the downgraded WO guys gave the most. Now maybe a mainline guy gave back more $$ but going from 200 grand to 150 grand doesn't hurt as much as 55 to 36 give or take a few grand. So what F'in gives why are we being treated like this?

Learlove, I hear you guys at ALG are being extended like crazy and worked like dogs. They need to put on some more new hire pilots to fly the Dash 8's while they're here. I also hear of quite a few people quitting and even one getting fired (what an idiot). You guys need the flying help now, no matter what the future might bring. :cool:

In response to Spike, that's would be Mrs. to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back