• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got screwed with more in the NYC area flying a Citation X than I did flying the Dash. Constantly speed restricted in the climb while following an MD-80 out the (insert departure fix here).

In the Dash they step climb you while you keep the speed up. The airplane seems to work well up in that area.

I got screwed with more in the NYC area flying a Citation X than I did flying the Dash. Constantly speed restricted in the climb while following an MD-80 out the (insert departure fix here).

In the Dash they step climb you while you keep the speed up. The airplane seems to work well up in that area.

This is why it's difficult explaining to people that a jet doesnt get you there 50 percent faster because it can fly 50 percent faster.

What do people like about flying it? Any examples?

A few of the things I like about the Mighty Dash-8 ...

Getting vectors to see if you can make the visual into PHL ... 900' on the south shore of the river ... cross the numbers on runway 35 at 86 knots and flaps 35.

Landing on runway 15 in DCA and holding short of 1/19

Shortest landing roll ... runway 23 in ORF for MX ... on the numbers and made the right turn to the old MX hanger ... ~6-700 feet ... just because.

Doing the locked wheel (boeing) turn when taxing into position ... just to show mainline you can do it to.

Low altitude "back" routes to avoid ground stops/delays and not have to worry about fuel.

Carry a boat load of ice.

Back on topic ...

Sent Bob Trout the "updated" resume a couple week ago ... originally started at PDT in '99, left in '03 ... furloughed in '08 but hey, got to fly a jet all over the country! :bomb: :laugh: :bomb: ... nothing like giving up 12 years seniority and possibly starting over at the bottom, again ... wonder if I have to do the whole interview/sim eval thing, again?

A few of the things I like about the Mighty Dash-8 ...

Getting vectors to see if you can make the visual into PHL ... 900' on the south shore of the river ... cross the numbers on runway 35 at 86 knots and flaps 35.

Landing on runway 15 in DCA and holding short of 1/19

Shortest landing roll ... runway 23 in ORF for MX ... on the numbers and made the right turn to the old MX hanger ... ~6-700 feet ... just because.

Doing the locked wheel (boeing) turn when taxing into position ... just to show mainline you can do it to.

Low altitude "back" routes to avoid ground stops/delays and not have to worry about fuel.

Carry a boat load of ice.

Back on topic ...

Sent Bob Trout the "updated" resume a couple week ago ... originally started at PDT in '99, left in '03 ... furloughed in '08 but hey, got to fly a jet all over the country! :bomb: :laugh: :bomb: ... nothing like giving up 12 years seniority and possibly starting over at the bottom, again ... wonder if I have to do the whole interview/sim eval thing, again?

Ouch. Isn't there somewhere else you can apply that pays better?

Ouch. Isn't there somewhere else you can apply that pays better?
I couldn't bring myself to go through that misery again... I thought about it for about 1.426 microseconds, but no way I'm going back to a 2 leg commute and reserve hell.

Dash, who furloughed you?

I couldn't bring myself to go through that misery again... I thought about it for about 1.426 microseconds, but no way I'm going back to a 2 leg commute and reserve hell.

Dash, who furloughed you?

Flight Options ...

Not current as I haven't flown in about two years and no 121 in seven, so it really limits who will even look at my resume. I don't have to worry about a commute as I'm stuck just south of SBY :crying: :puke::crying:(always open) due to my wife's position with NASA.

PDT is about plan "Z" in my options ... It'll be hard to find a bigger slacker of an FO! :laugh:

Last edited:
Flight Options ...

Not current as I haven't flown in about two years and no 121 in seven, so it really limits who will even look at my resume. I don't have to worry about a commute as I'm stuck just south of SBY :crying: :puke::crying:(always open) due to my wife's position with NASA.

PDT is about plan "Z" in my options ... It'll be hard to find a bigger slacker of an FO! :laugh:
That sounds about right. I managed to get one interview and they didn't think it went as well as I did....:laugh:

If you're in SBY it might not be so bad going back to PDT. At least the airplane is fun, and the two most famous schedulers from when we were there are now gone.

Latest resources

Back