Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. It's too cold up there.
2. Too many aviation nerds who talk in monotone voices.
3. Too many people who take themselves too seriously.
4. Hard to take the boat out when the lake's frozen.
5. So cold in Feb. the rum freezes before you can drink it.
6. No football team.
7. Did I mention it's cold up there?
8. War Damn Eagle!

1. True
2. I am very happy flying for a great airline, so if nerds are what they want, then I guess there are 12,000 of us here. I'll work on the MONOTONE thing!
3. Surely you cant be serious?
4. True
5. I never drank rum, only whiskey. Girls like rum.
6. Hockey! Something southern folk don't understand... beats football any day!
7. Yep
8. I thought only rednecks went to Auburn?

1. True
2. I am very happy flying for a great airline, so if nerds are what they want, then I guess there are 12,000 of us here. I'll work on the MONOTONE thing! Every airline has guys who slip through the cracks.:D How do you think I got hired anywhere.
3. Surely you cant be serious? Never been serious.
4. True
5. I never drank rum, only whiskey. Girls like rum. If it's good enough for pirates, it's good enough for me.
6. Hockey! Something southern folk don't understand... beats football any day! We've had hockey in my town since the early '80s. Still not as good as football.
7. Yep
8. I thought only rednecks went to Auburn? Big misconception. All the rednecks go to Tuscaloosa, and only on Saturdays in the Fall.

Good Stuff!!! Hahahahahah! And Auburn's #1...... We'll that is f there Quarterback is playing!

What do you like more about the RJ? Just curious. I think the CRJ 700 might be nice to fly performance wise.

I think the simplest way to put it is:
RJs are nice to fly.
T-props are fun to fly.

This thread has been derailed. Do you remember the game teachers sometimes played in school when she would have the students sit in a big circle in the classroom. She would them go up to one of the students and tell that person something and it would be repeated until the quote would make it all away around the circle to the last student. The last student would repeat what was "supposedly" said, but it didn't sound anything like what the teacher told the first student. That is what happens to topics on this thread, some to most of the time.

I'm not sure.

I think it has something to do with turning on the STORM/DOME lights in night IMC when you're maneuvering around thunderstorms so you can see the instruments without needing reading glasses.

I guess it makes you less inclined to do it again, since they were brave/asleep enough to do it before?

Or maybe another "there I was, flying the shorts into LNS" stories the FO love to hear?

We never run short of those, but new sources of the same story keeps it spicy.

I personally adore the "well, I was at ALG...."

They RULE! So awesome. I know they can handle the radios, mostly. Well, not mostly. But they try so hard when they are awake.

******For clarification- the not so recent hires from ALG/PDT have lost the knowledge of the most important part of doing this for a living- just because you learned that FAR 20 years ago, doesn't mean it still applies OR it applies in the air, ever. That's all. Old guys that don't judge? Teach me a lot, and I appreciate it.

Guess I've had a phenomenally awesome month NOT flying with "Awe my back hurts/whats the latest on the early retirement?" folks.

There, fixed it for ya.

The Dash was THE MOST FUN plane I have ever flown. I miss it.

I have actually heard this from a few former Dash drivers (PDT, Horizon and Mesa). What do people like about flying it? Any examples?

Also, are your 300s the only aircraft with FMS? Do you guys get pushed around a lot in the NYC area (deviating) with all of the other traffic?

I have actually heard this from a few former Dash drivers (PDT, Horizon and Mesa). What do people like about flying it? Any examples?

Also, are your 300s the only aircraft with FMS? Do you guys get pushed around a lot in the NYC area (deviating) with all of the other traffic?

No you don't get pushed around in the NYC Area. If anything we get slowed all the time.
The things you can do in the Dash 8 are incredible. You could be 3000' on a 3 mile final and still stick it on the numbers.
You can take off from Hilton Head with 33 pax and be off the ground in 1500 feet.
I liked our reply last winter during a snow storm. Piedmont say breaking action! Our reply......... Sorry we didn't have to use brakes :)
The Dash 8 is a very, very forgiving airplane.
Dash 8 200/300 have the UNS-B's. The 100's have the old KNS660's.

Latest resources

Back