• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
se1776 sounds like one of the kiddos that couldn't cut it in Dash 8 training. It's an easy airplane to fly, but will eat your lunch if you can't fly a six pack. I second the part about missing flying that tank, but I wouldn't put up with PDT's BS again for anything.

As much as people complain and dislike going to training and a couple of guys whose names come up frequently, you'll know that airplane down cold after flying it for a year. They do a good job getting just enough info into your head in training, and then flying with those who've been in the seat since the airplane was built drills in the rest. After sitting through a Flight Safety Citation initial and three recurrents, I still know way more about a Dash 8 than I do the Citation.

Anyway, hope that 3 or 10 or whatever turns into a significant order for some replacement airframes. Piedmont is one of two regionals I wouldn't have any heartburn over my wife and son riding in the back. Except of course that the airframes are older than dirt and had me abusing them for several years.

Last edited:
se1776 sounds like one of the kiddos that couldn't cut it in Dash 8 training. It's an easy airplane to fly, but will eat your lunch if you can't fly a six pack. I second the part about missing flying that tank, but I wouldn't put up with PDT's BS again for anything.

As much as people complain and dislike going to training and a couple of guys whose names come up frequently, you'll know that airplane down cold after flying it for a year. They do a good job getting just enough info into your head in training, and then flying with those who've been in the seat since the airplane was built drills in the rest. After sitting through a Flight Safety Citation initial and three recurrents, I still know way more about a Dash 8 than I do the Citation.

Anyway, hope that 3 or 10 or whatever turns into a significant order for some replacement airframes. Piedmont is one of two regionals I wouldn't have any heartburn over my wife and son riding in the back. Except of course that the airframes are older than dirt and had me abusing them for several years.

Which other one "wouldn't give you any heartburn"?

The saddest thing is, wouldn't it be great if this thread was about the Original Piedmont and that THEY were hiring! Those were the days!

The saddest thing is, wouldn't it be great if this thread was about the Original Piedmont and that THEY were hiring! Those were the days!

What a Great Airline! Sad day when USAir bought Piedmont and screwed up one the of the best growing Airlines in the United States!

Which other one "wouldn't give you any heartburn"?
Drunk post last night. Most of it is the truth, but I wouldn't think twice about putting my family on a Horizon aircraft. Mesaba would be there as well if not for a couple of folks I know there who were Saab street captains.:erm: I shared a hotel van and a bar tab with a class act SkyWest crew a few years ago as well who had their stuff together.

Pretty much, I don't like my family riding with 250 hour wonder kids, or 1500 hour wonder captains, and just about every regional has those albeit with added time and experience after the industry stagnated in '08.

Drunk post last night. Most of it is the truth, but I wouldn't think twice about putting my family on a Horizon aircraft. Mesaba would be there as well if not for a couple of folks I know there who were Saab street captains.:erm: I shared a hotel van and a bar tab with a class act SkyWest crew a few years ago as well who had their stuff together.

Pretty much, I don't like my family riding with 250 hour wonder kids, or 1500 hour wonder captains, and just about every regional has those albeit with added time and experience after the industry stagnated in '08.

I hear ya....to my knowledge no "250 wonder kids" have ever been hired at SkyWest, but I could be wrong.

Was at Piedmont for two years around 2000-2002. I came from UND. Never had a complaint from a captain.... How many UND guys at that time failed out of training? It was zero at the time. Granted there wasn't any 250 hour new hires at the time. And Yes I loved the Dash, but I enjoy the RJ even more.

Latest resources

Back