• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was at Piedmont for two years around 2000-2002. I came from UND. Never had a complaint from a captain.... How many UND guys at that time failed out of training? It was zero at the time. Granted there wasn't any 250 hour new hires at the time. And Yes I loved the Dash, but I enjoy the RJ even more.

Good captains don't gripe to the FO's about their performance. Normally, the "gripes" come in the form of helpful hints. Of course, a few of our captains are notable exceptions to this rule.

That being said, I know I appreciated the willingness to learn that most of the UND folks had. But, with low time sitting in the right seat, my job was definately busier.

I was very surprised at Comair we have A LOT more FO's with an attitude. You should be happy with the UNDers and not the academy folks.

Good captains don't gripe to the FO's about their performance. Normally, the "gripes" come in the form of helpful hints. Of course, a few of our captains are notable exceptions to this rule.

That being said, I know I appreciated the willingness to learn that most of the UND folks had. But, with low time sitting in the right seat, my job was definately busier.

Thats the key! I just few with an FO that picked my brain the entire trip. It was fun teaching the ins and outs of the Dash to him. Everytime I did something he was curious and wanted to know why.
I can honestly say it was a great 3 day trip flying with someone that was eager to learn. Having been in the Dash for a loser 10 years I think I bring just a little experience to the table. And believe me if anyone is willing to learn and and willing to share!!!!!

Curious what they are gonna say to sell the place. First it was RJ's! (nope), then it was Flowthru (nope). Now they are saying preferential hiring protocols in place with US Airways.

Actually for anyone that is furloughed its not a bad place to be. Contract and pay for equipment flown is pretty good.

Rumor is that PHX has given Piedmont the go ahead to aquire 10 more Dash 8 300s. I repeat Rumor!

What's a contract? :puke:

Last edited:
We used to laugh at the UND guys for there favorite quote.... While always discussing aviation they always said....... "Well Actually" ... when that was said, get ready for a bunch of needless aviation info to follow...

Always was a good laugh hearing that..... Basically once they got in the plane they were full of useless, nice to know but doesn't help info!!
Then you had to watch then in fear while navigating through and around thunderboomers.

Seahawk Baby! Beach, Sand, Babes, and booze can straighten anyone out! :)

You went to UNC and can say this? Hows that degree working for you? "UNC, the best school that doesn't pump you full of needless aviation info, only what you need to fly a Dash 8!" in the brochure?

You went to UNC and can say this? Hows that degree working for you? "UNC, the best school that doesn't pump you full of needless aviation info, only what you need to fly a Dash 8!" in the brochure?

"Well Actually"...... Whats wrong with the Dash 8! :)

Other that the ACM, nothing.

What's wrong with UND, coming from someone who when to UNC?
1. It's too cold up there.
2. Too many aviation nerds who talk in monotone voices.
3. Too many people who take themselves too seriously.
4. Hard to take the boat out when the lake's frozen.
5. So cold in Feb. the rum freezes before you can drink it.
6. No football team.
7. Did I mention it's cold up there?
8. War Damn Eagle!

Latest resources

Back