• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you tried contacting Piedmont? At least get your money back.

Love it!

Maybe the dude needs to get one size larger pink panties so his junk is not so bunched up.... he seems a little uptight.

No1pantyboy or what ever you handle was, the Dash 8 was made loud intentionally you silly little girl.

It has to be loud to keep the pilots awake, they make these guys/gals fly long days, months and years! When you finish your C172 training and can resign from TacoBell maybe you can learn a few things from putting in some time at a regional, if and thats a super-sized "IF" (you should be familiar with the restaurant lingo right?) you have what it takes to get thru a 121 training program. I right ya more but I need to go sit on the can and make you a crew meal now.......

The dash is fun to fly, but let's face it- from a passenger perspective it's a complete pos. It's slow, loud, flies constantly in rough, ********************ty weather, it vibrates and makes all kinds of annoying sounds, and the air conditioning system is a joke. Even the chimes are irritating.

I enjoy flying the dash, but even I can't stand riding in the back of one.

The dash is fun to fly, but let's face it- from a passenger perspective it's a complete pos. It's slow, loud, flies constantly in rough, ********************ty weather, it vibrates and makes all kinds of annoying sounds, and the air conditioning system is a joke. Even the chimes are irritating.

Funny, many frequent fliers disagree with you. I prefer the Dash when I'm commuting. Much more room than a RJ and you can actually stand up in the lav when you pee.

And I know we have a much better chance of landing if the weather is marginal.

Funny, many frequent fliers disagree with you. I prefer the Dash when I'm commuting. Much more room than a RJ and you can actually stand up in the lav when you pee.

And I know we have a much better chance of landing if the weather is marginal.

The dash seats their pitch are more comfortable than a RJ's seat any day.
Window seats on an RJ are awful for taller people, the curve of the wall starts below your shoulder. Oh before I forget.... MESA sucks!

Everything you say (outside of your opinion of it being intolerable to ride on- I'll get to that in a second) is absolutely correct. Folks are conditioned to so many irrational factors now- operating costs, fare pressure, stage length, etc- that they feel entitled to a jet anywhere at any time at a cost they think is still unreasonable. That's just BS, and we all know it.

Hell yes put jets on every single route! But if and only if the airline(s) charge(/s) a fare that (gasp) makes it profitable to do so.

As far as can't standing riding in one- if I role play myself into a flying CEO of the skies who hasn't been on a plane more than 10 hours TOTAL in my life (IOW, an average pax), I'd be pretty peeved at the ride. Too many of ours are shabby turds that are better suited as beer cans or on a stick outside an airport; noisome balls of discomfort that look like the equivalent of a mullet wearing disco god. But I personally still like riding in them... TD much? Safety? Fun as hell watching from the back a 5 bagger with a +/- 30 shear non precision approach? Knowing that V1 = Vr, therefore our V1 cuts by virtue (as all of us TP dawgs know) are vicious?

I'd be completely bonkers if I thought the Olde Dash even remotely came close to an E175 for pax comfort.

And regardless of the X% rule, the ones who make so much happen with so little support kick much butt. Freight dawgs/Cape Air dudes, then Lakers, then Saabsters, then PDTsters- then the rest of the automation managers. Zaaahhhhlllllliiiieeeeeee notwithstanding- he kicks arse anyway, but doing it in style in the Heavy Chevy. ;)

Proud as hell to call some of the best pilots out there my colleagues and mentors.

The problem is, these people that fly now are used to the jet which can be oh so comfy that they forget they are flying. That's where the Dash comes in to remind them what an adventure flying really is. Long live the prop!

Dang, that's a lot less than the rumored 31... Course they couldn't possibly train them all in one month.

At the rate I'm going I need you guys to have a new hire class. Then again the jet made me so dumb I couldn't pass training....

HHhhmmmm... I wonder what it's like to ride shotgun for Sig?

Latest resources

Back