• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picking Up ASA Open Time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got extended last week and haven't picked up a thing in open time! Oh....the extention was then cancelled and I got time and a half to go home and wonder why people like you keep aiding management?!?

I got extended last week and haven't picked up a thing in open time! Oh....the extention was then cancelled and I got time and a half to go home and wonder why people like you keep aiding management?!?

So if I hadn't picked up those two daylines, one of which was taken for training anyway, we would have perfect management, a perfect company, and a new contract that would pay me a ton more than is currently on the table???? Would that $1500 dollars that I would have given up been reimbursed by not picking up those trips?????

your union doesn't have an ASA pilot message board? sucks you guys have to communicate with all this B.S. in the way.

just curious.

Fact is that there is an ALPA board, but management reads both boards so why not post if on here.
Plus, it helps with attracting so many people to this sinking ship.

av8, so glad you and john p are off your trips this week and able to add to the flight info asa whiner club. despite the tough talk of a few on this board - about every pilot i have flown with or talked to in the lounge or on the bus has tried to pickup open time - so many in fact that most trips are taken.

So if I hadn't picked up those two daylines, one of which was taken for training anyway, we would have perfect management, a perfect company, and a new contract that would pay me a ton more than is currently on the table???? Would that $1500 dollars that I would have given up been reimbursed by not picking up those trips?????

Do you need the money to pay your legal fees?

ASA does have an ALPA board, but you have the same few guys who post the same old crap. On flightinfo they grow some courage. You cannot get mad at guys picking up open time when the negotiations have been handled in a way to out race time and to wait till the ecomonic opportunities improved to hold managements feet to the fire. Unfortunately the realities of life people still have bills to pay, and the opportunities that come along to change your QOL do not happen very often.

You not life the message but too many people are looking to move on, why should they help what they do have believe in, or have received support from. Too many politics, and life is too short. Look around the industry and what happens when you are at the top of the scale?

I picked up two daylines last month and made about $1500 dollars extra.... life is good. They even took one of the daylines for training. That was about $750 dollars just to sit at home.....

Someone's got to pay for his old lady's cigartettes and beer.

Alright, someone please tell me how I block certain users! I can't read another post from this jack@ass!!!

A new hire FO picking up open time to pay the bills is one thing -- we've all been there. Although, everyone else knows exactly what they're doing. Just doing their part to help an under-staffed airline operate properly! It's pretty much the equivelant of sucking off someone in MGMT. Hope it was good for you, because BL and SH loved every minute of it!!!

I've got a suggestion on where you can put that $1500...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back