• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picking Up ASA Open Time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've gotten extended for a round trip and drafted on two of my days off in the last two months...this is BS, now I see why people hate this company!

So if I hadn't picked up those two daylines, one of which was taken for training anyway, we would have perfect management, a perfect company, and a new contract that would pay me a ton more than is currently on the table???? Would that $1500 dollars that I would have given up been reimbursed by not picking up those trips?????
I'm not going to argue with you but you are really being an idiot! Tou answer your 2 questions no and no, but those question have absolutely nothing to do with my complaint about you picking up open time which in turn aids in managements poor planning and shows managment that the pilot group is really fine with the way this company is run which in turn proves that we are happy with the way they are negotiating with us.
Joe....I read your post with an open mind and put myself in others positions including management. You need to quit being so narrow minded.

If you want to continue discussing this PM I will not respond to any more of your post in this thread regarding this issue.

I'll continue to pick up all of the open time that I feel like picking up. This is a benefit to both the pilot and the company and IS part of OUR pilot working agreement.

Bob

Schmuck.....

Last edited:
Schmuck.....

Sadly he is just telling the truth and showing why we've been in negotiations for over 4 years with no discernable impact on our performance. Also, I don't see any hope of ever getting a new contract with any real improvements in it as long as this attitude exists. However, I do agree with you, he is a "schmuck" for taking this position, as are most of our pilots for doing the same.

-Blucher

Sadly he is just telling the truth and showing why we've been in negotiations for over 4 years with no discernable impact on our performance. Also, I don't see any hope of ever getting a new contract with any real improvements in it as long as this attitude exists. However, I do agree with you, he is a "schmuck" for taking this position, as are most of our pilots for doing the same.

-Blucher

To each ... his own. That is what makes America great.

Bob

I've gotten extended for a round trip and drafted on two of my days off in the last two months...this is BS, now I see why people hate this company!

This is nothing. Ask the guys that have been around here when Erion was over Crew Sch.

Extended is one thing you have no control over unless you're "tired". But getting drafted on your days off is your fault if you answered your phone.

ASA Planning
Always An Afterthought

av8, so glad you and john p are off your trips this week ..quote]

ALPA?

For those of you who don't get Texx's meaning, well, it's because of our ALPA contract that those who have trips taken for training still get paid for it, as well as when a trip is cancelled, you get paid because it's in the contract that ALPA/ASA negotiated.

ASA
Pissin' Off Pilots Daily!

There are many other ways of "sticking it" to the company other than not picking up Open Time. The next CA that tells me not to pickup any open time, i'm just gonna ask him to write me a personal check out of his own account. Absolutely ridiculus! I assume most of you chest thumpers don't have families or debt that needs to be paid off. I set at my desk and see bills that need to be paid etc, then look at open time and see a trip that will pay me a few hundred dollars for doing nothing more than keeping my mouth shut and doing my job. I have a family that I am responsible for and if I can get us out of debt quicker, then that's where my loyalty lies. I'm all for striking, kicking management to the curb etc, but it's noone's place to tell me whether or not to make money to support my family. Like I said, there are many other ways to show your displeasure with ASA. I know all the usual supsects are going to chime in now and call me all kinds of names. That's fine, just PM me and I'll give you my address and you can just mail me a personal check. I take cash also.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back