Phone interview help for CitationShares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mavrck said:
i had one a few months ago with Barry. Know your systems of the airplanes you fly/flew. He beat me up pretty good on systems on a type i flew 3 years ago.

135/91/61 type of reg questions superimposed into practical situations he would hypothetically make up. I remember the very first question he asked me " Can you tell me which reg number deals with careless and reckless operation of aircraft?" I guess he wanted the actual reg number. I told him it was in part 91 but the actual number that it was I just would be taking a guess. He didnt like that answer too much and the interview went downhill from there.

All in all, he was a fair guy. But, nonetheless, i didnt get an invite to come in for a face to face interview.

Good luck

I'm guessing here...Barry doesn't really care if you know the reg number. If you do, he'd probably be surprised and figure you'd had a FAA violation under it! What he was probably looking for is how you handle a situation/question that you are not familiar with. He's looking to see if you're a bullshooter, or humble and eager to learn. He's also looking to see how cool you are under fire and your ability to keep a single question in perspective.

A good answer might be, "No, I don't know that reg by number, but I am familiar with it." A great answer might be a big smiling grin and, "Are you kidding me? I have to read those things every night just to stay current on what they mean...When I know them by number it'll probably be time to retire!"

Just a guess.

Mooneymite said:
I'm guessing here...Barry doesn't really care if you know the reg number. If you do, he'd probably be surprised and figure you'd had a FAA violation under it! What he was probably looking for is how you handle a situation/question that you are not familiar with. He's looking to see if you're a bullshooter, or humble and eager to learn. He's also looking to see how cool you are under fire and your ability to keep a single question in perspective.

A good answer might be, "No, I don't know that reg by number, but I am familiar with it." A great answer might be a big smiling grin and, "Are you kidding me? I have to read those things every night just to stay current on what they mean...When I know them by number it'll probably be time to retire!"

Just a guess.

Which aircraft can newhires most likely expect over the next few months? I realize that newhires can be hired to any aircraft. Is it true that the CJ3 program is taking a high proportion of newhires given its delivery schedule? Are any newhires assigned to the Sovereign?

mflyer said:
I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,

Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment

Funny, I got the same e-mail. Could you imagine? 6000 hours to jerk gear on a Citation.

doajetdriver
Its frustrating to have close to 5000 hours most of which is jet and you get that......I guess they don't look at quality time anymore just total time. I guess I need to get my CFI and run around the patch for a 1000 hours! LOL...

This is what it can lead to

mflyer said:
I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,

Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment

Receiving a letter like this might lead to THIS:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/490-full.html#190768

Some peeps will do anything to build time.

Ya think???

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]Commercial Pilot Charged In Citation Theft...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Young Suspect Has Multi, Instrument Ratings[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/jail.jpg A 22-year-old commercial pilot with multi and instrument endorsements and a C/IA-Jet type rating (according to the FAA's airmen database) has been accused of taking five passengers on a "joy ride" from St. Augustine, Fla. to Briscoe Field in Gwinnett, Ga. in a $7 million Citation VII. The man, from Buford, Ga., is facing felony theft by receiving charges and five misdemeanor counts of reckless conduct. More federal charges are expected. Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said Wolcott wasn't qualified to fly the plane "but apparently is a talented and gifted pilot." The plane, reportedly owned by Pinnacle Air, of Springdale, Ark., (it's registered to a Carrollton, Texas corporation) was reported stolen from St. Augustine on Saturday by the crew that flew it there and left it unlocked on the ramp. Sometime between late Saturday and early Sunday Wolcott is alleged to have taken off from St. Augustine and brought the Citation in for a night landing at Briscoe before taxiing to the ramp and parking it.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]...Five Passengers Taken For "Joy Ride"[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/eyesdark.gif Moloney told reporters that five people who flew on the plane from St. Augustine all contacted police and were interviewed. None were charged because they were apparently unaware the plane had been stolen. "They were just enjoying the ride," Moloney said. He said all indications are that the theft was "just a joyride." Wolcott is apparently a familiar face around the airport and may have worked part time at some airport businesses. "This is such an odd occurrence, I wouldn't even want to speculate why someone would do this," Gwinnett Airport Manager Matt Smith told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The theft was shrouded in mystery for two days while investigators pieced their case together. Inevitably, some media were playing up the security angle but even the Transportation Security Administration was downplaying it. TSA spokesman Chris White told the Gwinnett Daily Post that it's working with the plane's owner to review the company's security plan. Clearly, the TSA doesn't consider this a watershed incident. "At this time, TSA does not see a significant credible risk to national security in general aviation," White said.

Last edited:
What ever happened to this guy

Turbinehead said:
Receiving a letter like this might lead to THIS:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/490-full.html#190768

Some peeps will do anything to build time.

Ya think???

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]Commercial Pilot Charged In Citation Theft...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Young Suspect Has Multi, Instrument Ratings[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/jail.jpg A 22-year-old commercial pilot with multi and instrument endorsements and a C/IA-Jet type rating (according to the FAA's airmen database) has been accused of taking five passengers on a "joy ride" from St. Augustine, Fla. to Briscoe Field in Gwinnett, Ga. in a $7 million Citation VII. The man, from Buford, Ga., is facing felony theft by receiving charges and five misdemeanor counts of reckless conduct. More federal charges are expected. Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said Wolcott wasn't qualified to fly the plane "but apparently is a talented and gifted pilot." The plane, reportedly owned by Pinnacle Air, of Springdale, Ark., (it's registered to a Carrollton, Texas corporation) was reported stolen from St. Augustine on Saturday by the crew that flew it there and left it unlocked on the ramp. Sometime between late Saturday and early Sunday Wolcott is alleged to have taken off from St. Augustine and brought the Citation in for a night landing at Briscoe before taxiing to the ramp and parking it.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]...Five Passengers Taken For "Joy Ride"[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/eyesdark.gif Moloney told reporters that five people who flew on the plane from St. Augustine all contacted police and were interviewed. None were charged because they were apparently unaware the plane had been stolen. "They were just enjoying the ride," Moloney said. He said all indications are that the theft was "just a joyride." Wolcott is apparently a familiar face around the airport and may have worked part time at some airport businesses. "This is such an odd occurrence, I wouldn't even want to speculate why someone would do this," Gwinnett Airport Manager Matt Smith told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The theft was shrouded in mystery for two days while investigators pieced their case together. Inevitably, some media were playing up the security angle but even the Transportation Security Administration was downplaying it. TSA spokesman Chris White told the Gwinnett Daily Post that it's working with the plane's owner to review the company's security plan. Clearly, the TSA doesn't consider this a watershed incident. "At this time, TSA does not see a significant credible risk to national security in general aviation," White said.

What ever happened to this kid. Anyone know if he got the CS job?

Latest resources

Back