Phone interview help for CitationShares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

intooclose

Anyone know what I can expect on the phone interview from CitationShares. I may be getting called soon. Also, I am a CRJ captain at a regional and was wondering if anyone else has made the jump to CS. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Capt Never Home

i had one a few months ago with Barry. Know your systems of the airplanes you fly/flew. He beat me up pretty good on systems on a type i flew 3 years ago.

135/91/61 type of reg questions superimposed into practical situations he would hypothetically make up. I remember the very first question he asked me " Can you tell me which reg number deals with careless and reckless operation of aircraft?" I guess he wanted the actual reg number. I told him it was in part 91 but the actual number that it was I just would be taking a guess. He didnt like that answer too much and the interview went downhill from there.

All in all, he was a fair guy. But, nonetheless, i didnt get an invite to come in for a face to face interview.

Good luck

I'm trying to understand what possible reason there could be for expecting a pilot to be able to spout FAR numbers. Nope...can't come up with any reason on my own. Maybe someone can explain to me why this parlor trick would be considered the sign of an employable pilot. If one knows there is an FAR covering a facet of operation like careless & reckless, or sterile cockpit, or descent below DH/MDA, and can explain the application of those FARs when asked, what does recall of the specific FAR number have to do with anything ?

bafanguy said:
I'm trying to understand what possible reason there could be for expecting a pilot to be able to spout FAR numbers. Nope...can't come up with any reason on my own. Maybe someone can explain to me why this parlor trick would be considered the sign of an employable pilot. If one knows there is an FAR covering a facet of operation like careless & reckless, or sterile cockpit, or descent below DH/MDA, and can explain the application of those FARs when asked, what does recall of the specific FAR number have to do with anything ?

It's probably because the interviewer is insecure in his knowledge and needs to make himself feel smarter.

reg numbers

Yeah, I felt that way too as i reflect on that interview. The only reason that i can come up with, and that particular reg purposely, is that maybe he felt that if i was able to come up with the exact reg number that is was, then maybe the reason that i know it is because i've been violated for something dealing with that reg.

I dont know, im grasping at straws but he had to feel there was some underlying purpose for asking such an extreme question and thinking that an applicant should know it.

At least thats what i tell myself everynight before bedtime.

intooclose said:
Anyone know what I can expect on the phone interview from CitationShares. I may be getting called soon. Also, I am a CRJ captain at a regional and was wondering if anyone else has made the jump to CS. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Capt Never Home

Make sure you do indeed live within the time constraints of one of there domiciles. He'll ask u which domicile would you use, and make sure you are honest because he has a mapquest right there in front of him! I personally thought he was kind of a strange dude with strange questions.

Make sure you promote safety as your #1 priority, along with customer service as your second. He asked me what if pax show up with too much stuff. I said call the company and have them fedex it. He liked that answer. I heard it is a good place to work, but having said that, the frac world along with it's controlled (and sometimes uncontrolled) chaos is not for everyone.

I received this!!

I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,

Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment

bafanguy said:

I agree. Thats about all I'd need to know about working for that guy.

whats with that?

Latest resources

Back