Phone interview help for CitationShares

intooclose

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2004
Posts
83
Total Time
10000
Anyone know what I can expect on the phone interview from CitationShares. I may be getting called soon. Also, I am a CRJ captain at a regional and was wondering if anyone else has made the jump to CS. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Capt Never Home
 

mavrck

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Posts
201
Total Time
9000+
i had one a few months ago with Barry. Know your systems of the airplanes you fly/flew. He beat me up pretty good on systems on a type i flew 3 years ago.

135/91/61 type of reg questions superimposed into practical situations he would hypothetically make up. I remember the very first question he asked me " Can you tell me which reg number deals with careless and reckless operation of aircraft?" I guess he wanted the actual reg number. I told him it was in part 91 but the actual number that it was I just would be taking a guess. He didnt like that answer too much and the interview went downhill from there.

All in all, he was a fair guy. But, nonetheless, i didnt get an invite to come in for a face to face interview.

Good luck
 

bafanguy

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Posts
2,395
Total Time
23,000
I'm trying to understand what possible reason there could be for expecting a pilot to be able to spout FAR numbers. Nope...can't come up with any reason on my own. Maybe someone can explain to me why this parlor trick would be considered the sign of an employable pilot. If one knows there is an FAR covering a facet of operation like careless & reckless, or sterile cockpit, or descent below DH/MDA, and can explain the application of those FARs when asked, what does recall of the specific FAR number have to do with anything ?
 

furlough-boy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 19, 2002
Posts
158
Total Time
5000
bafanguy said:
I'm trying to understand what possible reason there could be for expecting a pilot to be able to spout FAR numbers. Nope...can't come up with any reason on my own. Maybe someone can explain to me why this parlor trick would be considered the sign of an employable pilot. If one knows there is an FAR covering a facet of operation like careless & reckless, or sterile cockpit, or descent below DH/MDA, and can explain the application of those FARs when asked, what does recall of the specific FAR number have to do with anything ?
It's probably because the interviewer is insecure in his knowledge and needs to make himself feel smarter.
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
some people just like to fill their heads with useless crap. :)
 

mavrck

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Posts
201
Total Time
9000+
reg numbers

Yeah, I felt that way too as i reflect on that interview. The only reason that i can come up with, and that particular reg purposely, is that maybe he felt that if i was able to come up with the exact reg number that is was, then maybe the reason that i know it is because i've been violated for something dealing with that reg.

I dont know, im grasping at straws but he had to feel there was some underlying purpose for asking such an extreme question and thinking that an applicant should know it.

At least thats what i tell myself everynight before bedtime.
 

pilotman121

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Posts
76
Total Time
000000
Phone Interview

Some interview processses just stink!
 

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
1,587
Total Time
5000+
intooclose said:
Anyone know what I can expect on the phone interview from CitationShares. I may be getting called soon. Also, I am a CRJ captain at a regional and was wondering if anyone else has made the jump to CS. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Capt Never Home

Make sure you do indeed live within the time constraints of one of there domiciles. He'll ask u which domicile would you use, and make sure you are honest because he has a mapquest right there in front of him! I personally thought he was kind of a strange dude with strange questions.

Make sure you promote safety as your #1 priority, along with customer service as your second. He asked me what if pax show up with too much stuff. I said call the company and have them fedex it. He liked that answer. I heard it is a good place to work, but having said that, the frac world along with it's controlled (and sometimes uncontrolled) chaos is not for everyone.
 

mflyer

Active member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Posts
39
Total Time
5000
I received this!!

I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,


Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
bafanguy said:
I'm trying to understand what possible reason there could be for expecting a pilot to be able to spout FAR numbers. Nope...can't come up with any reason on my own. Maybe someone can explain to me why this parlor trick would be considered the sign of an employable pilot. If one knows there is an FAR covering a facet of operation like careless & reckless, or sterile cockpit, or descent below DH/MDA, and can explain the application of those FARs when asked, what does recall of the specific FAR number have to do with anything ?

I agree. Thats about all I'd need to know about working for that guy.

whats with that?
 

Mooneymite

Well-known member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Posts
197
Total Time
100+
mavrck said:
i had one a few months ago with Barry. Know your systems of the airplanes you fly/flew. He beat me up pretty good on systems on a type i flew 3 years ago.

135/91/61 type of reg questions superimposed into practical situations he would hypothetically make up. I remember the very first question he asked me " Can you tell me which reg number deals with careless and reckless operation of aircraft?" I guess he wanted the actual reg number. I told him it was in part 91 but the actual number that it was I just would be taking a guess. He didnt like that answer too much and the interview went downhill from there.

All in all, he was a fair guy. But, nonetheless, i didnt get an invite to come in for a face to face interview.

Good luck


I'm guessing here...Barry doesn't really care if you know the reg number. If you do, he'd probably be surprised and figure you'd had a FAA violation under it! What he was probably looking for is how you handle a situation/question that you are not familiar with. He's looking to see if you're a bullshooter, or humble and eager to learn. He's also looking to see how cool you are under fire and your ability to keep a single question in perspective.

A good answer might be, "No, I don't know that reg by number, but I am familiar with it." A great answer might be a big smiling grin and, "Are you kidding me? I have to read those things every night just to stay current on what they mean...When I know them by number it'll probably be time to retire!"

Just a guess.
 

On Your Six

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
4,509
Total Time
9,500
Mooneymite said:
I'm guessing here...Barry doesn't really care if you know the reg number. If you do, he'd probably be surprised and figure you'd had a FAA violation under it! What he was probably looking for is how you handle a situation/question that you are not familiar with. He's looking to see if you're a bullshooter, or humble and eager to learn. He's also looking to see how cool you are under fire and your ability to keep a single question in perspective.

A good answer might be, "No, I don't know that reg by number, but I am familiar with it." A great answer might be a big smiling grin and, "Are you kidding me? I have to read those things every night just to stay current on what they mean...When I know them by number it'll probably be time to retire!"

Just a guess.

Which aircraft can newhires most likely expect over the next few months? I realize that newhires can be hired to any aircraft. Is it true that the CJ3 program is taking a high proportion of newhires given its delivery schedule? Are any newhires assigned to the Sovereign?
 

dojetdriver

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Posts
1,998
Total Time
7000
mflyer said:
I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,


Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment

Funny, I got the same e-mail. Could you imagine? 6000 hours to jerk gear on a Citation.
 

mflyer

Active member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Posts
39
Total Time
5000
doajetdriver
Its frustrating to have close to 5000 hours most of which is jet and you get that......I guess they don't look at quality time anymore just total time. I guess I need to get my CFI and run around the patch for a 1000 hours! LOL...
 

Turbinehead

One Dot High
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Posts
174
Total Time
10000+
This is what it can lead to

mflyer said:
I was told by someone who works there that my times were very competitive and then I received this e-mail.

I have received your resume and qualifications...thanks for considering CitationShares.

We'll build a relationship over time...our average First Officer has their ATP certificate, a First Class Medical certificate, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 hours. Please stay in touch as you add hours and experience.

Respectfully,


Barry Lambert - Captain
CitationShares Pilot Recruitment

Receiving a letter like this might lead to THIS:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/490-full.html#190768

Some peeps will do anything to build time.

Ya think???

****************************

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]Commercial Pilot Charged In Citation Theft...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Young Suspect Has Multi, Instrument Ratings[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/jail.jpg A 22-year-old commercial pilot with multi and instrument endorsements and a C/IA-Jet type rating (according to the FAA's airmen database) has been accused of taking five passengers on a "joy ride" from St. Augustine, Fla. to Briscoe Field in Gwinnett, Ga. in a $7 million Citation VII. The man, from Buford, Ga., is facing felony theft by receiving charges and five misdemeanor counts of reckless conduct. More federal charges are expected. Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said Wolcott wasn't qualified to fly the plane "but apparently is a talented and gifted pilot." The plane, reportedly owned by Pinnacle Air, of Springdale, Ark., (it's registered to a Carrollton, Texas corporation) was reported stolen from St. Augustine on Saturday by the crew that flew it there and left it unlocked on the ramp. Sometime between late Saturday and early Sunday Wolcott is alleged to have taken off from St. Augustine and brought the Citation in for a night landing at Briscoe before taxiing to the ramp and parking it.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]...Five Passengers Taken For "Joy Ride"[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/eyesdark.gif Moloney told reporters that five people who flew on the plane from St. Augustine all contacted police and were interviewed. None were charged because they were apparently unaware the plane had been stolen. "They were just enjoying the ride," Moloney said. He said all indications are that the theft was "just a joyride." Wolcott is apparently a familiar face around the airport and may have worked part time at some airport businesses. "This is such an odd occurrence, I wouldn't even want to speculate why someone would do this," Gwinnett Airport Manager Matt Smith told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The theft was shrouded in mystery for two days while investigators pieced their case together. Inevitably, some media were playing up the security angle but even the Transportation Security Administration was downplaying it. TSA spokesman Chris White told the Gwinnett Daily Post that it's working with the plane's owner to review the company's security plan. Clearly, the TSA doesn't consider this a watershed incident. "At this time, TSA does not see a significant credible risk to national security in general aviation," White said.

 
Last edited:

Turbinehead

One Dot High
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Posts
174
Total Time
10000+
What ever happened to this guy

Turbinehead said:
Receiving a letter like this might lead to THIS:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/490-full.html#190768

Some peeps will do anything to build time.

Ya think???

****************************

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]Commercial Pilot Charged In Citation Theft...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Young Suspect Has Multi, Instrument Ratings[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/jail.jpg A 22-year-old commercial pilot with multi and instrument endorsements and a C/IA-Jet type rating (according to the FAA's airmen database) has been accused of taking five passengers on a "joy ride" from St. Augustine, Fla. to Briscoe Field in Gwinnett, Ga. in a $7 million Citation VII. The man, from Buford, Ga., is facing felony theft by receiving charges and five misdemeanor counts of reckless conduct. More federal charges are expected. Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said Wolcott wasn't qualified to fly the plane "but apparently is a talented and gifted pilot." The plane, reportedly owned by Pinnacle Air, of Springdale, Ark., (it's registered to a Carrollton, Texas corporation) was reported stolen from St. Augustine on Saturday by the crew that flew it there and left it unlocked on the ramp. Sometime between late Saturday and early Sunday Wolcott is alleged to have taken off from St. Augustine and brought the Citation in for a night landing at Briscoe before taxiing to the ramp and parking it.


[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]...Five Passengers Taken For "Joy Ride"[/FONT]

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/eyesdark.gif Moloney told reporters that five people who flew on the plane from St. Augustine all contacted police and were interviewed. None were charged because they were apparently unaware the plane had been stolen. "They were just enjoying the ride," Moloney said. He said all indications are that the theft was "just a joyride." Wolcott is apparently a familiar face around the airport and may have worked part time at some airport businesses. "This is such an odd occurrence, I wouldn't even want to speculate why someone would do this," Gwinnett Airport Manager Matt Smith told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The theft was shrouded in mystery for two days while investigators pieced their case together. Inevitably, some media were playing up the security angle but even the Transportation Security Administration was downplaying it. TSA spokesman Chris White told the Gwinnett Daily Post that it's working with the plane's owner to review the company's security plan. Clearly, the TSA doesn't consider this a watershed incident. "At this time, TSA does not see a significant credible risk to national security in general aviation," White said.


What ever happened to this kid. Anyone know if he got the CS job?
 
Top