PFT-rtfq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PSAChiefPilots

I knew everyone would look, Now that I have your attention, I want to know how your company "Pays for Training", More specifically, how New hires are compensated during New Hire training???

Recently, at interviews, we were giving the company spill about Pay, Benies, Etc. and Included what our company pays during training.

1. 72 hour guarantee from Day 1

2. 24 hour per diem while in training

3. Single occupancy hotel while in training.

Everyone was in Shock, Do all companies not do this??? Please be honest, We are not going to change our policy because of what other companies do.

I also would rather not get into the "PFT" discussion, that's on another thread, go post it there please! Like I was told in college "RTFQ" ( figure it out!), If anyone post here about "PFT", then they just saw the header and opened their mouth, you have my permission to PM them and call them anything you want!

Thanks in advance,
PSACPSP

ExpressJet is only Per Diem in a lump sum check (works out to be about $1400). Double occupancy hotel room. You're not on the payroll until you pass your checkride. However, if you wish to go home on weekends, you get a positive space pass, to and from training.

CHQ pays $500 for the first 30 days and then you get your guarantee (75 hrs/mo) from then on out. Hotel works out to be double occupancy until you get finished with your checkride, however, due to hotel scheduling and such, many had their own room.

ASA pays guarantee (75 hours) from day one. You will also get your ID badge immediately, if not the first day definitely the first week. Hotel is single occupancy until IOE. You get 24-hr per diem if you are based anywhere other than ATL, but that is unlikely.

Mesaba:
Employee from day one.
75 Hour guarante pay.
No per diem.
Single occupancy hotel room (unless you already live in MSP).
Travel benefits from day one.
Medical benefits the first day of the next month of hire date (if you want them).

Mesa:
Employee from day one
70 hours garantee (28 days bid period)
Per diem starts after checkride
Hotel is on your own

Buck

ERfly said:
ExpressJet is only Per Diem in a lump sum check (works out to be about $1400). Double occupancy hotel room. You're not on the payroll until you pass your checkride. However, if you wish to go home on weekends, you get a positive space pass, to and from training.

Wow, that's pretty cool. At Trans States, they won't even give you positive space when you're deadheading home anymore.

PSAChief,

I'm not sure if you are looking to save money by lowering your training pay/accommodations to that of others, but I would urge you to NOT change your policy just because other regionals are not as generous as you guys,. There are a few, like Eagle whom I work for, that pay good per diem, single occupancy and guaranteed pay (65 hrs) during training and I know they get more applicants because of it. More applicants means you get better picks. Maybe I have issues but I would not have gone any place where I would need to share a room/bathroom/shower with another guy for two months.

I have a good friend who is in training right now with PSA (or starting this week) and the package you offer new hires is one of the main reasons he took the job. You got a good pilot/employee with a great attitude because of it.

IHF

I Hate Freight said:
I'm not sure if you are looking to save money by lowering your training pay/accommodations to that of others, but I would urge you to NOT change your policy just because other regionals are not as generous as you guys,. There are a few, like Eagle whom I work for, that pay good per diem, single occupancy and guaranteed pay (65 hrs) during training and I know they get more applicants because of it. More applicants means you get better picks. Maybe I have issues but I would not have gone any place where I would need to share a room/bathroom/shower with another guy for two months.

I have a good friend who is in training right now with PSA (or starting this week) and the package you offer new hires is one of the main reasons he took the job. You got a good pilot/employee with a great attitude because of it.

IHF

It is in our contract (for what that's worth) that training is paid the way it is. Otherwise trainees wouldn't be paid. It is a nice way to start with an "airline" though.

Latest resources

Back