PFT-rtfq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trans States

They give you 60 hrs/month starting day one.
You pay for hotel/crashpad.
You start with the 70hrs guarentee after you have finished IOE.
That was anywhere from 6 - 10 weeks.
You did the ID first day so you were able to commute home on
weekends.

See You on the 11th..

Cheers

Just as a side note, Eagle is no longer single occupancy during training. One more reason it's good to be a girl - a good chance you get your own room!

Not my money....Here's part of my intial post!

Everyone was in Shock, Do all companies not do this??? Please be honest, We are not going to change our policy because of what other companies do.

We are not going to change our policy because of what other companies do.

Maybe I have issues but I would not have gone any place where I would need to share a room/bathroom/shower with another guy for two months.

I'd say you have issues....Let's put it this way, If UPS (Fed Ex, SWA, Whoever you want to work for) called and said we'll hire you but you'll have to share a room with 10 other people would you not go!

No we are not UPS but you get my point. Like I said, we are not changing any of our policies. Sounds to me that Eagle may do things a little different from when you got hired, Luckily for you it was after you were hired, Or you wouldn't be there....Thanks for the input

I Hate Freight said:
PSAChief,

I'm not sure if you are looking to save money by lowering your training pay/accommodations to that of others, but I would urge you to NOT change your policy just because other regionals are not as generous as you guys,. There are a few, like Eagle whom I work for, that pay good per diem, single occupancy and guaranteed pay (65 hrs) during training and I know they get more applicants because of it. More applicants means you get better picks. Maybe I have issues but I would not have gone any place where I would need to share a room/bathroom/shower with another guy for two months.

I have a good friend who is in training right now with PSA (or starting this week) and the package you offer new hires is one of the main reasons he took the job. You got a good pilot/employee with a great attitude because of it.

IHF

Why is a chief pilot wasting time posting on this message board?

I'd have expected those kind of self indulgent antics from your old Dir of Training (Brad Silv_____in). I'm surprised to see if from the "new" PSA.

I assume you worked for him, Lucky You, It's not the "New" PSA, Been here the whole time! THANKS!
FurloughedAgain said:
Why is a chief pilot wasting time posting on this message board?

I'd have expected those kind of self indulgent antics from your old Dir of Training (Brad Silv_____in). I'm surprised to see if from the "new" PSA.

Colgan:

-$50/day until you pass your checkride, then 75hrs/month guarantee
-They pay for double occupancy hotel (hope you don't get the Battlefield Inn)

Once you pass your checkride, you get single occupancy for all future training engagements. Also:

-Recurrent ground school is 2hrs pay/day
-Recurrent sim is 4hrs pay/day

Somewhat respectable for a bottom-feeder. They don't start the serious chiseling until you get online :)

PSAChiefPilots said:
I assume you worked for him, Lucky You, It's not the "New" PSA, Been here the whole time! THANKS!

It is the "new" PSA if you consider the "old" PSA was the Pacific Southwest Airlines that had the smiling faces on the planes and younger, hotter flight attendants in the cabins.

What is wrong with a Chief Pilot posting on here? Do you not think any aviation board where there is any discussion on a particular companies labor goings ons, that there isn't a mole of some sort of lurker of management that might check it out??? If not then, then most likely a fellow pilot with aspirations of becoming a management type which reports back what they see and hear etc.....be it flightinfo, usaviation, yahoo groups, alpa boards, teamster boards, you name it. Other than that, at least we know our paranoid thoughts are true (we are being watched...j/k) Anyways I personally think it's #1 a way to make public knowledge we are hiring and looking, to people that may not otherwise know. And a good source to start rumors to keep everyone on their toes....
So lay off him....At least our chief pilots have the balls to show their faces.....LOL

Latest resources

Back