• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT class news????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We are planning to operate at the 53 level at least until April, when we may drop down to 52."

53 operating aircraft, we will have 1 operational spare, 2 aircraft offline getting major maintenance checks, and at some point 1 aircraft offline being painted in the new livery.

53+ 1 spare + 2 in heavy = 56. At some point 1 will be in paint (hence 1 spare or 2 in mx).

Bottom line is 53 aircraft requiring flight crews until April then 52. Those are the important numbers. Who gives a crap if we have 127 spare aircraft. It's all about how many aircraft require crews, right.

Last edited:

Yea we lost something to the tune of 600 hrs of flying, if i'm remembering the figure correctly that I heard. Really stinks to lose the -200's. But I guess the plan of replacing the 200's with 100's is better than replacing them with nothing at all. One less set of numbers to carry around in the 'ol head I suppose. And dare I type this, some possible upgrades in the not too distant future? Wouldnt count it out totally.

Anyone else see that QOL flyer floating around? 5:00 for a day room now? Jeeze. Meal vouchers $10 up from $5? And a possible scenario to actually bid on individual buildups and reserve lines instead of being stuck with whatever Loretta feels like sticking you with? Anyone have any more semi-concrete info on these and other things?

Ok I dont know why that smile face thing is in my post, didnt put it there, cant get it to go away.

yea it could be a hell of a lot worse. we could be flying 50 seat jets. too bad those things are as usefull/profitable as a butthole on my elbow (saw kill bill 2 tonight). lots of peeps left for the 50seat throwaways, but they are all doomed. this prop is a prop, fun to fly (sometimes) and you dont have to worry about a crap contract being thrown in your face. so yea could be a hell of a lot worse. this is a good place to weather regional the sh|tstorm

Saw the powerpoint from the negotiations. Too much to remember everything. Lots of stuff to helpout reserves. Callouts will be 2 hrs in lga, 1.5 hrs in stations with busing (ie clt/mdt), and 1 hr 15 mins for everyone else. 20 mins instead of 30 to change pilots (ie deadheader and you want to be released), and less than 20 they can't automatically deny if it is possible to change them. New rules about meeting the crew in another station if the first leg is a deadhead so you don't have to fly into base just to deadhead to another station. Unlimited trades for 48 hr period for line holders instead of just 6 add/drops. The old ALG deal where if you forgot to bid you get the highest line your seniority can hold. who cares about day rooms, how many have you ever actually gotten? Besides I would rather get a $10 meal than spend the day in a hotel room with a another guy. All the changes show at least progression in the contract that we are moving forward and not backward. That is all I can think of for now but there is way more as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back