• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT class news????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Roommate came back from CQ last week. They were told next newhire class in Feb, with the next upgrade class in April. Mgmt keeps pushing everything back. It was even said we were understaffed with FO's. I call bs though since I only flew 13.7 hours last month over 7 days. We lost 600 hrs of flying this month to Air Wisconsin so I guess that is why they pushed it back another month from Jan.

New to the post, but I am a June hired FO based in SYR.

Yea, we were told January in October. How many are you losing a month to other places/quitting?

OPECJet said:
Upgrade????? Keep dreaming. If we were to get more airplanes on the property, we'll discuss it then. I've been here close to 2 years, and I'm thinking possibly another 5 for the upgrade. There are guys who have been here way longer than me thinking similar.quote]

Been Here 4 1/2 years and I think it will be anouther 2 years at least for me

Don't know the actual numbers, but we had 5 CAs I know of that left for greener pastures.

DATE: December 9, 2005

TO: All Employees

SUBJECT: 2006 Piedmont Fleet

We are still finalizing our 2006 budget, but we are far enough along to update you on our fleet plans for 2006. I’ll throw in the “always subject to change” caveat, but this is where we are as of today. The plan is for us to operate a fleet of 53 active D-8’s beginning in January, 2006. In terms of block hours it will be about 2% less on a monthly basis than what we are currently flying. In addition to the 53 operating aircraft, we will have 1 operational spare, 2 aircraft offline getting major maintenance checks, and at some point 1 aircraft offline being painted in the new livery. We are planning to operate at the 53 level at least until April, when we may drop down to 52, which would then be the active level for the remainder of the year. Although the overall fleet numbers are essentially constant for 2006, we will have some additions and deletions, specifically with our leased model -200’s. All of the –200 leases expire in the first half of 2006 and because of tax and other economic issues, the lessor is not interested in long term extensions for us. As the –200’s are returned, we will replace them by extending –100 leases, or with new –100 leases, often aircraft we have previously leased. I know you all appreciate the performance of the –200’s, but the economics of a small fleet at sharply higher lease rates just do not work. After the –200’s are replaced, we will have a fleet of 12 -300’s and the remainder –100’s, 32 of which are aircraft we own.

In terms of markets, the early 2006 plan is very similar to what we are flying today, with PHL, CLT and LGA markets accounting for about 80% of what we do and PIT and BOS accounting for the remainder. As changes occur, we will let you know.

well i guess we can always go work for mesa and fly a jet with the big boys.... LOL

opecjet, you call in sick again? if so, i got your trip from today.

Yeah, I've got the same crud. Coughing like you wouldn't believe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back