• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT class news????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't see why you guys are getting worked up and worried like the end is near. Losing the 200s and getting 100s to replace them isn't that big of a deal, look at the bright side: one less set of limitations. At least the current plan is pretty much the status quo, not like a few years ago when they were telling us they were phasing us out heavily into 2005 and completely by 2008. Relax.

well its just a buzz kill you know, get too far in to get out.

well whatever, at least i got a job i guess

You are never in too far to get out. That attitude is why there are so many 10-25yr pilots at PDT. Lots of us left after 5 years after nothing but bad news, downgrades, base closures, Ruthanne, etc.
I chuckle looking back to my new hire class when JB came in and told us that by the beginning of the year, we would have a large order for RJ's.
However, I look back at an interesting and fun 5 years. The mighty Dash was a treat to fly.

Last edited:
Whataburger said:
You are never in too far to get out. That attitude is why there are so many 10-25yr pilots at PDT. Lots of us left after 5 years after nothing but bad news, downgrades, base closures, Ruthanne, etc.
I chuckle looking back to my new hire class when JB came in and told us that by the beginning of the year, we would have a large order for RJ's.
However, I look back at an interesting and fun 5 years. The mighty Dash was a treat to fly.

did you leave pdt for wn?

Yeah, chill out folks.

As long as the same number of airframes are on the property, then who cares which version of the airplane they are. I will miss the balls that the -200 has, but hey, block or better right?

Besides, the thought of returning the -200s has been around for a long time. No suprise to me.

LowlyPropCapt said:
Yeah, chill out folks.

As long as the same number of airframes are on the property, then who cares which version of the airplane they are. I will miss the balls that the -200 has, but hey, block or better right?

Besides, the thought of returning the -200s has been around for a long time. No suprise to me.

You might want to re-read the letter. We aren't going to have the same number of airframes. 57 last month and by April 2006 we will have 52 total. That's 5 airplanes gone.

"The plan is for us to operate a fleet of 53 active D-8’s beginning in January, 2006. In terms of block hours it will be about 2% less on a monthly basis than what we are currently flying. In addition to the 53 operating aircraft, we will have 1 operational spare, 2 aircraft offline getting major maintenance checks, and at some point 1 aircraft offline being painted in the new livery. We are planning to operate at the 53 level at least until April, when we may drop down to 52, which would then be the active level for the remainder of the year."

PropPiedmont said:
You might want to re-read the letter. We aren't going to have the same number of airframes. 57 last month and by April 2006 we will have 52 total. That's 5 airplanes gone.

"The plan is for us to operate a fleet of 53 active D-8’s beginning in January, 2006. In terms of block hours it will be about 2% less on a monthly basis than what we are currently flying. In addition to the 53 operating aircraft, we will have 1 operational spare, 2 aircraft offline getting major maintenance checks, and at some point 1 aircraft offline being painted in the new livery. We are planning to operate at the 53 level at least until April, when we may drop down to 52, which would then be the active level for the remainder of the year."

Right, so 53 + 2 in mx, + 1 in paint, + 1 spare = 57...

I know that there was a posting earlier, but did anyone go to SF's "Town Hall Meeting" in SBY on Monday?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back