PC Flight Sims

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-handle

For those that just can't get enough of flying in reality, any virtual reality junkies out there??? What flight sims today (if any) are popular to play? especially online multiyplayer? I may dust off Falcon 4.0 and install superpak 4.... and probably have to sign up for an F-16 refresher clinic at my local AFB.

Is Pacific Fighters good? Lock on Modern Air Combat? Any good helo sims lately?

Last edited:
MSFT Flight Sim

I often practice IFR on Microsoft Flight Sim 2002 and 2004. I've heard great reviews about Lock On but have never played it myself.

I used to be quite the Flight Simulator adherent until I started instructing. Now I'm more into my XBOX...

But then again, a few bad wx days in a row and I'm back on the FS juice. I'm such a nerd.

-Goose

I used to play F4... just when I had learned enough for it to start being fun, I stopped having enough free time for computer games :(

Falcon 4 w/Superpak 4 and X-Plane are the bees knees of PC sims in my book!

I use MSFS2002 and now 2004 to help me with my learning. Not in the flying portion really, but with other things. I found that going through the preflight checklists in the sim(I bought a C152 add on) was just as effective as being in the plane. Also, I purchased pedals, and this helped me greatly with taxiing, as well as getting my rudder controls straight when in the air. One rule I have is to only perform things I have already learned, I don't want to learn bad habits. SO basically right now I will just practice taking off, getting into the pattern, and then landing...the sim does help me with the visuals of lining up to land, but obviously not the true feel.

Overall I think it is cool, and had a ton of fun flying around in jets before I even started taking Real life lessons. Adding on things like the SR-71 and Concord make it really fun. I do recomment picking up a nice Yoke and Pedals to really enjoy it. I have a dedicated computer with a yoke a pedals for flight sims(I swap out for a stick when playing IL-2 Sturmovik...a good combat sim).

Microsoft FS 2004 is yesterdays news, I am sorry to say.
If you "really" feel the need to test your skills in a realistic and incredible sim, that has flight physics that does loops around MSFS2004, head over to http://www.x-plane.com and see what all the hype is about! You wont be disappointed!

Latest resources

Back