• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PC Flight Sims

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone ever try B-17 II? http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/b17flyingfortressthem8/index.html

I remember the retail version was very buggy but after a few patches, it was a great sim. It was more of a flight "manager" than sim. After an extensive, realistic 4 engine start procedure, you'd get the airplane airborne, throw on the autopilot, and switch between all positions in the B-17. I remember having some great battles with the Jerries swooping down, blowing out 2 of my engines, putting all kinds of holes in my airplane.... having to rush up to the front, shut down and feather the engines then run back, put out a fire, heal an airman, then doublecheck my navigation.... I think it was the bugs that unfortunately gave it a bad name. Formation flying with 8-10 other B-17s in tight formation gave awesome screen pics.

Last edited:
Owen_FSD said:
Thanks for the kind words, Mitch. We are in the process of revising the T-38 for FS 2004, and will be realeasing it with the C-17 I originally released thru POSky for FS 2002, revised as well.

Best regards,

Owen

You're welcome. I do enjoy it a lot. Will the upgrade also come with a revised flight model or is it just the G-Max thing?

C-17 looks cool too.

Battlefield Vietnam. Not accurate flight models, but nothing better than droping napalm from an F-4 listening to 70's rock. Or coming in hot in a Huey Gunship with "Ride of the Valkyres" in the background.

Does anyone have or know anything about the ERJ 145 Pilot in Command from Wilco? I've heard it's supposed to be really good.

There's an open source flight sim available & under continuous development called 'Flightgear'. It aims to accurately model the flight physics of aircraft and has add on scenery & aircraft.

www.flightgear.org

Got that one. Excellent likeness to the tweet, but flies nothing like it. I'm not sure if it was just my particular setup or joystick, but it's pretty difficult to control. Forget about practicing instrument approaches in the thing. The only thing I have used it for was just getting down my basic cross check when I transitioned to the aircraft. Thats about all I recommend it for (at least for UPT students).
Ill Mitch said:
Hey all,
I found this...and bought it. A T-37 for MSFS done by a T-37 IP. It is worth checking out.

www.t37sim.com

MarineGrunt said:
Got that one. Excellent likeness to the tweet, but flies nothing like it. I'm not sure if it was just my particular setup or joystick, but it's pretty difficult to control. Forget about practicing instrument approaches in the thing. The only thing I have used it for was just getting down my basic cross check when I transitioned to the aircraft. Thats about all I recommend it for (at least for UPT students).

It could be your sensitivity settings for your joystick might be too high. It flies ok for me (even when shooting approaches), but I have never flown the tweet so I have nothing to base it off of.

They are coming out with an update to address the drag issue (doesn't slow down quite fast enough), which should also take care of some of the power settings.

Overall, I like it. And the manual that comes with it is pretty cool too.

Latest resources

Back