• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay raise for Hawaiian Airlines CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good points Jim! Acquisition of parts of AQ is the only way to go. How can a merger make any kind of sense? Not only for HAL employees, but from a business stand point? The good folks at HAL deserve a break and a bright future to look foward to. :)

Last edited:
Wow, so much venom on this board..

First of all, I don't know what the fuss is all about as I doubt HAL/AQ will merge. Frankly, I don't think either group is wise or smart enough to combine strengths.

For the record, I was pro-merger back in 2002. The new airline would have dominated the Pacific with one of the best and the brightest CEO's at the helm - Greg Brenneman. Now, he's kicking ass at Burger King when he could have been kicking ass in Hawaii.

Well, there ya have it Flicker... now you're on the street. I'm willing to bet that you would have been back way sooner had Brenneman been around. Instead, you can thank the crooks at AIP for your furlough, just as we have Zander to thank for this current mess we're in.

As for any potential seniority integration, I think the relative percentage would have more to do with it than DOH. Pay close attention to AWA/US merger... that's the most likely template for any kind of a merger we'd have over here.

Don't sweat it Flicker... you'll be back before you know it... and there won't be any merger/acquisition/sale/buyout/rental whatever... take it easy buddy.. you don't want to miss your recall due to getting a coronary based on baseless rumors. :)

Flicker,

I am not 'conflicted' about the issue at all. I am merely reporting what I see going on at HP/US. Some of the furloughees at US are screaming 'date-of-hire', and some of the guys at HP are screaming 'staple'. What will really happen is somewhere in between, and in listening to both unions, what I described above is probably pretty close - a 'relative seniority integration' of the working pilots with the US furloughees below that. If that happens, it means a US furloughee with 16 years would be below me with one year at HP. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that the same would happen to us HA furloughees if we merged/acquired/bought/rented/leased/borrowed/whatever some or all of Aloha.

I hope not. But it could happen. Personally I think it is a horrible idea. Yes, the career expectations for us furloughees at HA is probably better than the career expectations of the US furloughees. But until the merger agreement is signed, anything is possible.

HAL

Last edited:
Fair points all:

- I was in favor the 2002 "m.o.e." and thought that we'd both have been better off. But we traded Brenneman for Dunkerly and I think that HAL's operation has benefitted.

-Conspiracy theories are fun, but Don Carty is just a BOD member. I'd rather have his clout with Boeing while negotiating the 787 contracts than Adam's.

-We'll wait and see what is announced.

Aloha.

Last edited:
real nice... you guys posted everything but your underwear color here in public.

HAL-
Here we go again....This could get interesting! I'm back to commuting from SEA by the way.

FlickerFade-
Dude, we've seen you flickerin', now fade a bit. Relax! You and I are the last ones that have ANY say in ANY of this. Just relax and take your medicine like the rest of us.

Seriously though, when you guys gonna get that anti-merger website going again? I loved that thing. It was so easy to stir the pot on that site!

islandhopper said:
real nice... you guys posted everything but your underwear color here in public.

Underwear? Underwear's for chumps. Boardshorts, about an inch too big so you've got just a little bit of a ss crack showing. That's how it's done. Real classy like.

Latest resources

Back