• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay raise for Hawaiian Airlines CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So AQ guys, when will the info on your buyers be released?

Don't know if there's validity to this or not, but I've been told that the same group bought Era in Alaska.

Dan Roman said:
Well said socal, I have to laugh at people who don't work at Hawaiian throwing all kinds of judgements around that are pretty ridiculous.
Laugh if you will, but I want to cry when I look around the industry and watch different kool-aid-drunken pilot groups rationalize ridiculous notions (take the blue-koolaid chuggin, airplane- cleaning-wanna-fly-more-than-8-hours-a-day guys for example).

SocalHomey said:
We’ve told you that if no one picks up ANY extra flying, and the reserves pick up the slack, not a single furloughee - myself included - will be recalled one day earlier.
Again, to believe that is naive, but of course, one would have to work at your company to truly understand how it might not be;)

Do you honestly believe that your company keeps one single pilot more on the property than is needed to keep the flight schedule going from day to day? There's no way your super-secret staffing formula does anything more than keep a certain amount of reserves on hand for any given flying day. There's no way it's not based on historical sick rates and open-time-picker-upper rates. There's no way that if every swinging dick who has been taking open time stops doing it, that the "staffing formula" isn't going to call for more reserves to be on hand to cover the open seats that need to be filled.
Call me crazy, but I'm looking at it from a purely unemotional, linear, factual point of view. I don't have a dog in this fight and sometimes that enables a little more objective point of view. I have no agenda against or for HAL pilots. Grow some skin and take a look at simple math... YES, it's FREAKING SIMPLE MATH! Anyone who tells you it's complicated should not be trusted.

X + Y= number of pilots needed per day to cover flights where X is (A + B)
A= pilots assigned trips by their schedule B= Pilots working on off days
Y= number of reserves historically needed to keep (N) reserves standing by to pick up unexpected openings once the open time, vacation, training, etc. has been covered.

When B = 0, then Y MUST be a bigger number than when B is some number greater than 1 in order to keep N relatively constant.

Or perhaps, HAL keeps an extra big supply of Y, just in case B suddenly goes to zero after a long period of B historically being a number greater than 1? I think not. HAL is just like every other airline.

Seriously, I wish you guys all the best and that means recalls soon and profitibility.

I'm still open to reading about how HAL can do this differently, but all you guys do is get emotional and talk about how nobody from the outside could understand. Or....how that we (I) ignore facts. I haven't seen any facts to show me otherwise. I could be wrong. Just show me. Otherwise, don't work on your day off!!!! Go surf, for chrissakes. Chase brown girls. Do something, but don't work on your day off thinking you aren't hurting your brother.

Best of luck.

So AQ guys, when will the info on your buyers be released?

Did the media jump the gun? I'm hearing that the final sign off on this buyout is not as assured as indicated in the paper? Can the Aloha guys give us an update?

Erndogg said:
Did the media jump the gun? I'm hearing that the final sign off on this buyout is not as assured as indicated in the paper? Can the Aloha guys give us an update?

apparently this information is "G-14 classified"... :)

they're not telling us anything either. we have to subscribe to the advertiser if we want to know whats going on here. if you want the rumor mill fodder i can tell you that rumor A has it that there is more than one investor and we're still trying to figure out who's the daddy. rumor B has it that we have the investor singled out but all the terms and conditions of the deal arent quite hammered out yet.

even after the name is released, we still have to do the same thing hal did. go through that 30-day period in court to allow other bidders to throw their plan out there, etc.

Yeah, I heard a rumor that our MEC secretly enlisted the help of NSA/CSS, CIA, DIA, FBI and ATF to try to uncover the dark Banmiller/Chinese secrets of Aloha Airlines...

Maybe an agent of one of these agencies can chime in...

even after the name is released, we still have to do the same thing hal did. go through that 30-day period in court to allow other bidders to throw their plan out there, etc.

I hope these guys that are looking at buying you guys dont tie more concessions to the buyout deal! Hopefully the process is expidited and you can go on with running an airline-something Gotbumb dragged out way too long for Hal.

Latest resources

Back