• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PAX Helps Land CO 757?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to mention that the RMU in the 75 does not resemble the RT-360 that is typically installed in a Cessna 150.

The autopilot may have been engaged (ya suppose:rolleyes: ) so that a crew member may change seats in the cockpit.

As other CAL pilots have stated, the fellow in the right seat is one of our senior 757 Captains, sim. instructor and line check airman. He probably could have done the whole deal by himself.

I am 100% confident that he would have done just fine by himself. This private pilot even says this. Would I have looked for a private pilot to help? I would be looking for a non-reving airline pilot, and settle for a private pilot that can say "clear right" and "your doing a good job". By reading this article, looks like they got just that. He is not trying to claim any credit, rather says the people helping the dying pilot were the real heros.

Now if it were a Riddle kid (SJS), he would have ran to The Today show telling his story of how he saved the day.

OK, So the Captain is incapacitated. The FO calls for pilots in the cabin. The passenger/pilot comes forward and sits in the right seat? How did the FO get over to the left seat? WTF

Um, by standing up, moving over and sitting down again? It probably made taxiing a heck of a lot easier.

So, what we've learned is a bad guy can slip the Captain a mickey-finn and wait to get open access to the cockpit.

I'd rather have any company employee than a civilian.

Maybe it was Lowecur? He seems to know everything about this industry, even from his desk at the Insurance Agency...

Bye Bye--General Lee

it's easy to monday morning quaterback what happened...what if it was you or I? Thinking about it yeah we can do it alone but any help is better than no help so yeah...get a pilot in there even if it is just a private pilot. Reading a checklist does not require anything above a student pilot certificate people.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back