• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PAX Helps Land CO 757?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, So the Captain is incapacitated. The FO calls for pilots in the cabin. The passenger/pilot comes forward and sits in the right seat? How did the FO get over to the left seat? WTF

days off..... TSA gonna have a field day with this one

days off..... TSA gonna have a field day with this one
They may be too busy stratching their butts...

From the linked story...
"There's nothing wrong with that," said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Roland Herwig, who confirmed Brown's role in the emergency landing. "The (acting) captain can take any action for the sake of safety."

OK, So the Captain is incapacitated. The FO calls for pilots in the cabin. The passenger/pilot comes forward and sits in the right seat? How did the FO get over to the left seat? WTF

Well under the circumstances he was the capt so he felt that he needed to step up and take his new throne:confused: I'm with you on this one WTF...

WD

Sounds plausible- don't forget, that FO was actually an OE Captain giving upgrade OE on the airplane.

Sounds dumb. I think some of our flight attendants would be more useful than a 150hr PP. Just my opinion.

Actually to me Mr. Brown sounds like an intelligent guy with a pretty good grasp on the basics, all things considered. Judging by the quotes of Mr. Brown, I would have rather have had him give me a hand in such a situation than any flight attendant I can think of off hand.

Latest resources

Back