• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PAX complain @ crew line-jumping

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I go to the front, or close to it, every time. My business once through security is my business. I don't need some pax questioning why on one day we need to go to the front and on other days we don't.

It's no different than physicians' parking at hospitals. Then again, I'm sure the same types of people that complain about crews complain about that as well.

Another perfect example of what a joke ALPA is. How long have they been touting crew pass? Throw a crumb out here and there and the membership won't notice what a lame duck organization they are or exactly how much money they are raking in. This crap could be stopped instantly.

You should reread the previous post. ALPA is pushing for it but until the airlines (you know, the folks with the money) get behind the idea then it is like pushing a wet noodle. Crewpass costs money. Unless you think we should pay for it through ALPA, then I respectfully suggest we stop undercutting our own union and support it instead.

You should reread the previous post. ALPA is pushing for it but until the airlines (you know, the folks with the money) get behind the idea then it is like pushing a wet noodle. Crewpass costs money. Unless you think we should pay for it through ALPA, then I respectfully suggest we stop undercutting our own union and support it instead.

That's the problem. It comes down to money. Are the airlines going to pay for it? I doubt it. Why would they? Should the pilots have to pay for it? Hell no. Who then. Ask congress I guess. Good luck with that.

Who pays for it so that the rampers, cleaners, gate agents and pretty much everyone except pilots can bypass passenger screening?

Who pays for it so that the rampers, cleaners, gate agents and pretty much everyone except pilots can bypass passenger screening?

I agree with you that it's ridiculous that the folks who's background are most scrutinized - us - have to go through security while rampers and agents have free reign of the terminal.

I'm just saying this is a "new system" that costs money and no one wants to pay for it.

It's total BS in both respects.

I agree with you that it's ridiculous that the folks who's background are most scrutinized - us - have to go through security while rampers and agents have free reign of the terminal.

I'm just saying this is a "new system" that costs money and no one wants to pay for it.

It's total BS in both respects.

Totally agreed.....

My point is that there is obviously a system in place already that allows "trusted" employees (which is pretty much everyone except pilots and FAs) to bypass passenger screening. Why are we different? We have, as a rule, far more complete and verifiable backround checks than most ground ops types, which is the only real difference that I can think of. Oh, and that we "look good" submitting to pax screening.

Crewpass and it's "cost" is nothing more than a smokescreen for the real reason, which is eyewash.

How about we just get tacked on to "ProvisionerPass" like we used to?

Latest resources

Back