PAX complain @ crew line-jumping

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

If this spreads, the airlines will be shamed into getting CrewPass. They don't want to spring for a separate entrance for flight crew, and instead want the crews to trample over first class passengers, disabled passengers, elderly passengers, moms with babes in arms.

It is shameful and has got to be very frustrating to be told to get to the airport three hours early, wait in a line to check bags, then wait in another line for security, only to watch a 19-member international crew get off a bus and jump to the front of the line while you may miss your flight.

If 60 Minutes did a story on this there'd be a CrewPass line next week.

Three flights out of Newark were delayed this morning after officials said a disgruntled passenger incorrectly complained that an airport employee had been allowed through a security checkpoint and had triggered an alarm.

The passenger had been standing in the EliteAccess lane, waiting to be screened, when an airport employee went to the head of the line and was allowed to pass through a metal detector.

After the passenger himself had been screened, he complained to the supervisor that an airport employee had gone ahead of him in line.

“He took offense that airport employees were bypassing Elite passengers in the Elite line."

Told that was in accordance with airport policy, the passenger further complained — inaccurately — as it turned out, that the employee had set off an alarm.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/newark_flights_delayed_after_p.html

Last edited:
How about a nice cup of STFU! Give it a break. When was the last time in EWR that you actually saw the employee line being used by employees only?

Don't get me started. Where I am based, we had our line-jumping privileges yanked earlier this year, and there are no employee lines beyond the ID checkers. Presently, my "CrewPASS NOW!" sticker is nothing more than ironic.

I wonder how they'll feel when their flight departs an hour late because the crew couldn't get to the airplane in time.

I love the diplomacy of that article.

disgruntled passenger incorrectly complained

the passenger further complained — inaccurately — as it turned out,

Why don't they just say the passenger LIED?

Any punishment for the LYING passenger?

I've done CREWPASS only two times...in BWI. It's so quick and soooo nice not to have to jump in line.

It appears that it really wouldn't take much effort/resources to impliment. BWI has one or two guys manning a laptop at the OUT hallway from the terminal. Takes maybe 30 seconds.

CREWPASS rocks!!

Last edited:
Don't get me started. Where I am based, we had our line-jumping privileges yanked earlier this year, and there are no employee lines beyond the ID checkers. Presently, my "CrewPASS NOW!" sticker is nothing more than ironic.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same airport, but down in IAH a major carrier (who has their home base there) has even placed a flight attendant that is currently on OJI at the checkpoint to ensure that their Express partner does not cut ahead of the mighty Blue Carpet Walkers.

Any contracts currently being negotiated?

For those pilot groups that are painfully negotiating labor agreements:

Does it say anywhere in your books that you HAVE to jump the security line? Are most pilots doing this to accommodate an "on time" departure for....THE COMPANY?

I would think the airlines/TSA would find a solution to this in 1 second if pilots would actually take a position at the end of each security line at every airport in the US for a day...watch all the delays light up CNN!

I wonder how they'll feel when their flight departs an hour late because the crew couldn't get to the airplane in time.

Exactly. It doesn't hurt to be smile, be polite and say "Excuse me" and "Thank you" when shoving a Platinum card holder out of the way so I can put my belongings on the x-ray machine and stroll through the metal detector.

It does help to be ready for it. My shoes are non-metallic and I've always de-metalized myself before heading for checkpoint. It causes me to wonder when I see a crew member as screwed up as a passenger when going through security. Pulling out a computer is one thing, but spending 2-3 minutes pulling metal stuff out of their pockets shows a distinct lack of situational awareness and moxie.

Latest resources

Back