• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PAX complain @ crew line-jumping

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats fine with me. I don't need a crew line. I'm more then happy to show up at the appointed time and wait in line. Our policy is to show at the airport 1 hour a head of departure time. Well, if I'm standing in line then I'm at the airport. I'll happily stand there listening to my ipod waiting my turn to go through security. If the plane is late because of that, well not my problem is it? Give me a crew line or crew pass.

We should begin getting on the end of all the security lines , so as not to inconvience our passengers who pay all of our salaries.

Crew pass would shortly follow.

However, until a united front appears, we will always wish for "Crew Pass".

No one's going to go to the back of the line. It just won't happen. Sure, it would highlight the problem in a day, but it won't happen.

As long as the planes move on time and the passengers don't notice, it won't change.

Bad publicity is just about the only hope for this to change--a major story that highlights the so-called insensitivity of the airlines to passengers.

Once the first class passengers get pissed at this and they show a harried mom trying to corral her kids when crew members jump the line, then the airlines will see it in their best interest to get CrewPass and even tout it as an edge over their competitor.

Anyone who's been into LAS knows it's possible, but ALPA will never get it done nationwide. There's just too much inertia against it. They can't push a wet noodle.

Last edited:
Another perfect example of what a joke ALPA is. How long have they been touting crew pass? Throw a crumb out here and there and the membership won't notice what a lame duck organization they are or exactly how much money they are raking in. This crap could be stopped instantly.

Am I missing something here? The article says an "airport employee" which could be a McD's cook. Does it say a crew member?

Am I missing something here? The article says an "airport employee" which could be a McD's cook. Does it say a crew member?

Nope, you're not missing anything....

I'm all for it. I'll be dammed if I want to wait for my coffee while the person that's gonna pour it is held up at security!

It was just an employee. But crewmember or not, I think the passengers still see it the same way.

The pax are probably just mad they have to stand in line more than anything. I remember taking a road trip to syracuse, NY. Found the problem quick enough but didn't have the right part. MX control told me the part would be there in three hours, so the crew and I went to that little deli place outside security. Low and behold they were wrong and found it it was coming in much earlier. Crew and I cut in line to go meet the plane with the part. Some loudmouth pax started spouting off how, "they should wait in line like the rest of us", and "who do they think they are". Turns out she was on that delayed flight so I chalked it up to the stress of being delayed.

It would have been funny though if we waited in line behind her and she was more delayed, although I like seeing people get to their destination with a minimal delay, when possible of course. If we had waited in line and delayed her further, she surely would have griped about that too.

It kills me that we are going through security screening like common criminals - after having years of background checks - while most other airport employees go through the back door in baggage claim. We all have the same access to the airplane yet we have to be patted down when WE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL PAY with our lives if one of those airport/airline employees goes rogue.

Yes I've heard the argument repeatedly that they have airport IDs. So they went to a how-to-drive-on-the-airport and a make-sure-no-one-tailgates-you class and suddenly they can bypass security.

Infuriating.

Latest resources

Back