• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passenger lights firecrackers in NWA cabin, injuries reported

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
  • Pat downs of passengers at airport security, concentrating on the upper torso and legs;
  • Physical inspections of all carry-on bags at the gate;
  • Requiring all passengers to be seated for the full hour prior to arrival;
  • Banning the use of blankets and pillows one hour prior to arrival.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said travelers should expect additional steps as well. "These measures are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same thing everywhere.

Can we say knee-jerk reaction?

Now we're hearing that this guy never was on the no-fly list as originally reported. All this could of been avoided if someone had done their job properly. The FBI says this guy was being watched for the past 2 years and believed to be a terrorist but no one told TSA to put him on the no-fly list.

Last edited:
Apparently he never received the Al Qaeda internal memo about only using fireworks on July 4th if performing a terrorist attack on the US, and November 5th if against the UK....Brings a whole new meaning to the expression "Crotch Rocket".

It has already started. A new kneejerk directive from TSA announced this morning to the airlines.

Crewmembers are not to make any announcements to the passengers or to talk to them individually about the flight path, cities or landmarks flying over. On international flights only to the U.S., passengers are to remain in their seats during the last 1 hr of flight or the entirety if the flight is 1 hr or less.

I wonder what they are going to do with the fancy TV's that have the little airplane on the map?

I wonder what they are going to do with the fancy TV's that have the little airplane on the map?

Was just told by an FO friend at brand X getting ready to depart for Europe who said their IFE must be turned off for the ENTIRE flight except for the safety demo! Cabin lighting must remain on as well!

WTF!??

The latest news about this nutcase is that his dad - a well known and respected banker - warned the US Embassy in Nigeria about the extreme tendencies his son had developed. I guess the news didn't reach the other end of the bureaucratic dinosaur: The revocation of his visa and his free upgrade to the No-Fly list!

• Pat downs of passengers at airport security, concentrating on the upper torso and legs;
  • Physical inspections of all carry-on bags at the gate;
  • Requiring all passengers to be seated for the full hour prior to arrival;
  • Banning the use of blankets and pillows one hour prior to arrival.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said travelers should expect additional steps as well. "These measures are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same thing everywhere.
As if the TSA has not been doing this for years. She just made a policy to excuse their lack of national standardization!

Read this. This guy gets handed to U.S. authorities by his dad and nothing gets done about it. What I can't understand is even though they say that they couldn't find enough negative info on this guy to keep him off the no-fly list, why couldn't they atleast put him on a watch list, that for people like him would get flagged and get additional screening.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581191,00.html

So this terrorist goes to the bathroom for 20 minutes they say and then returns to his seat and trys to blow up a plane in the last hour of flight. This being seated for the last hour of arrival into the U.S. is going to stop a would-be terrorists from trying to ignite an explosion? So they can't make a spectacular explosion rain down on an American city, they just blow it up over the Atlantic or on departure now.

And this not making announcements of the flightpath, cities or landmarks flying going to stop them either? I suppose the government is going to shut down websites like Flightaware.

He kiestered some PETN is what I read on ASN. How the heck do you protect against that? Make the lavs like those puffer/sniffer things at the security checkpoints?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back