• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passenger lights firecrackers in NWA cabin, injuries reported

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The religion of peace at work on Christmas!! We just need to hug the religion of Islam more and this will all stop!

One thing that i'm sure they'll look at is how security screening is performed in some of the developing countries, especially in Africa.

I think this incident may have been curbed if that pax originated from AMS. It has one of the better security screening team I've seen. Last time I went through, I sat next to the boarding door, and witnessed a guy got flagged by a Dutch security superior, and when the guy was starting to get ansy, the officer simply told him, "If you don't cooperate, we can hold you in this country indefinitely". The freedom we take for granted in this country is mesmerizing.

I think it's time we learn from the Israelis in airport screening. It took me more than 2 hours from curb to making it to my seat, and there wasn't any waiting lines!

One thing that i'm sure they'll look at is how security screening is performed in some of the developing countries, especially in Africa.

I think this incident may have been curbed if that pax originated from AMS. It has one of the better security screening team I've seen. Last time I went through, I sat next to the boarding door, and witnessed a guy got flagged by a Dutch security superior, and when the guy was starting to get ansy, the officer simply told him, "If you don't cooperate, we can hold you in this country indefinitely". The freedom we take for granted in this country is mesmerizing.

I think it's time we learn from the Israelis in airport screening. It took me more than 2 hours from curb to making it to my seat, and there wasn't any waiting lines!

I just went through screening in AMS for a NWA/Delta flight two days ago and EVERY passenger gets screened before going into the boarding lounge, regardless if they are connecting from another flight or not. Every gate NWA/Delta operates out of AMS is set up the same way.This guy did get screened in AMS. I thought they were pretty good as well, that is what is scary about this.

For whatever reason, the news is reporting that he was not rescreened in Amsterdam.....but based on NEDude's comment, not sure how valid that is. Sounds like Amsterdam is set up similar to airport in the middle east - pax have to go through security screening before entering the waiting/boarding area?

Last edited:
Peter said that while he was leaving the plane, he looked at where the man had been sitting and saw a pillow that seemed to have been burned...
...apparently from a passenger trying to cover "the bomb" and put out the flame. Could this be the return of pillows to all flights? They are now an anti-terrorist tool.

For whatever reason, the news is reporting that he was not rescreened in Amsterdam.....but based on NEDude's comment, not sure how valid that is. Sounds like Amsterdam is set up similar to airport in the middle east - pax have to go through security screening before entering the waiting/boarding area?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see more details. The point is, additional screening before boarding is almost a must these days. Anybody can make it through those clowns they call themselves TSA. We need some sort of behavioral profiling on more pax. Granted, it's gonna even slow down the boarding process, but it's a very successful method. It's one thing to get pass TSA strapping a homemade substance to yourself, but it takes years of psychological/behavioral training to be able to look in a someone's eyes and fabricate a new identity. (similar to breaking the polygraph test)

Another note, i think it's time they beef up the air marshall program as well. Right now, the movie "conair" pops into my mind...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back